The Threat of Retail Cannibalism

LRguy21

Yea, the article made it quite clear that Pleasant Ridge and The Promenade are competing on the same level. I have yet to see Present Ridge reach its full potential. It sort of put SC out on the side line. My definition of upscale is Coach, Sck's, Nordstorms, Etc. Pleasant Ridge just has nice stores. All though Bonefish Girll is really nice and so is Freshmarket.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First. I thought it was kind of funny when the article said that Pleasant Ridge and the Promenade at Chenal were competing for the upscale retailers. Each has a few that I would consider upscale. Pleasant Ridge - Fresh Market, Bonefish and maybe Crew and Imagine. Promenade - J Crew, Apple and the IMAX. I guess their definition of upscale is different than mine.

It has been posted on this forum before that generally, Arkansans have a less sophisticated retail patronage in reality than what our perception of ourselves is. National Retailers don't generally have to meet the high bar they must meet in other areas of the country. Your observation on the article is a pretty good example of this.

• 3 weeks later...

There are also some not-so-upscale offerings not in the market also that would be nice to have. One of them is Buffalo Wild Wings. Why is it they are not in the LR market? They have 2 locations in NWA, one in Hot Springs, three in Memphis, and there are rumors they are looking into Ft. Smith, though I think that is a stretch. It doesn't make sense that they aren't in LR. Shackleford Crossing would be the perfect development for them in my opinion.

There are also some not-so-upscale offerings not in the market also that would be nice to have. One of them is Buffalo Wild Wings. Why is it they are not in the LR market? They have 2 locations in NWA, one in Hot Springs, three in Memphis, and there are rumors they are looking into Ft. Smith, though I think that is a stretch. It doesn't make sense that they aren't in LR. Shackleford Crossing would be the perfect development for them in my opinion.

Archived