Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Savannah, GA (a pit stop on the way back to Jax)

bobliocatt    0

Coming back from Charleston, I decided to stop for a couple of hours in Savannah, before heading back to Jacksonville.

Westin Hotel

westin.jpg

Bull Street

Bull-Street.jpg

Bull Street

Bull-Street-1.jpg

Madison Square

Madison-square.jpg

Sorry Charlies

charlies.jpg

Above River Street

River-Street-2.jpg

a close-up of a rowhouse

rowhouse.jpg

Savannah River

Savannah-River.jpg

River Street

River-Street-1.jpg

River Street

River-Street.jpg

Desoto Hilton

hilton.jpg

Factor's Walk

factors-walk.jpg

City Market

city-market.jpg

Broughton Street

broughton.jpg

Bay Street

Bay-Street.jpg

Taylor Street

Taylor-Street.jpg

Jones Street

Jones-Street.jpg

Gordon Street

Gordon-street.jpg

Savannah

savannah.jpg

Neo    199

Great pics!!! Thanks so much for the tour, I've never been to Savannah, at least not that I can remember.

wolfdawg54    0

Thank you for the beautiful pictures of Savannah! But you did not take any pictures of the SCAD admissions building. It is truly a sight to see because it is the old Savannah armory by Madison Square. Oh well.

bobliocatt    0

I'd probably pick Charleston, because its bigger, affordable, and has a more vibrant atmosphere to it. Other than that, i'll admit Savannah has a more diverse selection of historic architecture, a better street layout, and housing stock.

prahaboheme    673

Charleston appears to be more day to day livable. The feel to the city is great. As I mentioned in another forum, Savannah is like a set that you walk onto, its flawless, yet eerie. I did a ghost tour which was interesting, I would recommend it. The city has a history worth exploring.

Spartan    682

Those are nice pics of Savannah! The only thing I don;t like about Savannah is that Hilton hotel. It seems very out of place, and it isn't very attractive to me.

Savannah is a great place to go though. I like its Market area, and Broughton St. is really coming along. It is becoming the next King St (Charleston). I think that Savannah started its downtown renewal project long after Charleston did, so it's downtown isn't quite as vibrant, but it is coming along.