Question about small urban projects.

The Voice of Reason

I am posting this here because Rhode Island is the most active forum in the North East.

I am looking for examples of developments in the North East that would be concidered small. The kind of thing that a smaller scale player in the real estate world could pull off.

I am trying to find out how much it would cost to build a small mixed use urban project, and am looking for articles about such projects. renderings and pictures are a plus. But any help would be appreciated.

A further description of what I am looking for. Saratoga Springs NY has recently added several 4-6 story buildings to its downtown all including ground floor retail, and all include housing on upper floors. I prefer brick, steel, and glass, and traditional new England Architecture. Something that would fit in on the outer edges of Providence, hartford, Springfield, or any of the small NE cities for that matter.

Cheers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the AS220 dreyfus hotel project should be similar to what you're speaking of. it was a reuse of an old hotel/dorm/speakeasy into a fantastic restaurant and studio on the first floor and artist live/work spaces above.

333 atwells might also be another to look at. this is a new building that fits in perfectly with the streetscape. walgreens on bottom floor, condos upstairs. i think it's 3 stories.

the AS220 dreyfus hotel project should be similar to what you're speaking of. it was a reuse of an old hotel/dorm/speakeasy into a fantastic restaurant and studio on the first floor and artist live/work spaces above.

333 atwells might also be another to look at. this is a new building that fits in perfectly with the streetscape. walgreens on bottom floor, condos upstairs. i think it's 3 stories.

Thanks.

I am however thinking more about brand new construction. I wish there was more information about the buildings in Saratoga springs available online. They would be almost exactly what I am looking for but after exhausting searches online I got nothing on cost. or the economics of the project for that matter.

these two projects I belive to be related to the buildings all ready built, but the ones built look better and interact with the street much better.

http://www.bonacio.com/featured_projects/l...sion_street.php

http://www.bonacio.com/featured_projects/p...lace_condos.php

333 atwells is new construction. i can't really think of any others off the top of my head, but you might consider going through the providence projects forum. every construction project in providence is in there, some reuse, some new. one of the things about providence is that the empty lots are all privately owned parking lots and aside from those, there are not a whole bunch of other locations for projects like what you mention aside from renovations and reuse. the projects i can think of are either reuse or really big (new westin tower, gtech, waterplace condos).

the only other thing that might fit the bill (that i can come up with off the top of my head) is the capitol cove project.

Thanks.

I am however thinking more about brand new construction. I wish there was more information about the buildings in Saratoga springs available online. They would be almost exactly what I am looking for but after exhausting searches online I got nothing on cost. or the economics of the project for that matter.

these two projects I belive to be related to the buildings all ready built, but the ones built look better and interact with the street much better.

http://www.bonacio.com/featured_projects/l...sion_street.php

http://www.bonacio.com/featured_projects/p...lace_condos.php

Archived