Hampton Roads UP meetup

urbanvb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that this weekend? I'm going diving Sunday, so I don't think I could make it Sunday unless it's late.

Went to the beer fest last year. It was pretty cool (and I'm not a huge fan of beer). Keep missing the wine festivals. I see drunk people staggering around, and dropping bottles of wine tho. Kind of amusing.

Uh oh. I think I might have to cancel on Saturday.

I've got an opportunity to visit someone's personal 2500 sqft arcade in their back yard. Totally tricked out with all the classics. It's in Northern VA / DC... so I think I'm going to jump on it and do it.

I don't want to hold the group up, but if people are cool I'm down to go to the next meeting, say, next week !?

No reason we can't do more than one, and do them frequently.

6:30pm Saturday, Granby Street.

Which spot?

Granby Pizza? Havanas? Baxters? Quixx? (I think the BBQ place is closed?), or someplace else?

Havana would be a cool place to meet... it's one of my favorite places downtown. Whenever you all settle a date, i'm good with it (long as it's weekend)

I also generally get to Machimo once every two weeks. It's like right outside the door and a vegan friend likes it... so we often work on project stuff then go over there.
I feel bad for Machismo right now...that construction really must be destroying their livelihood... did they shut down while the utility work is going on outside?

Anybody else going to the beer festival, or just going to hang out downtown this afternoon? We got a beautiful day for it it's lookin like!

I was at the beer fest. I'm actually still trashed right now. Good times... Its much bigger when they have the full park open. I'm hoping next year they do the park and the nauticus area together, they could have two stages going and many more breweries.

I feel bad for Machismo right now...that construction really must be destroying their livelihood... did they shut down while the utility work is going on outside?

Nope! Went there with two friends last night, went there with at least one friend Thursday last week.

So beer festival was smaller? I was wondering what was up. Went to that private arcade thing, it was ... off the chaaaain!

So when we hanging?

So beer festival was smaller? I was wondering what was up. Went to that private arcade thing, it was ... off the chaaaain!

Not too much. It was pretty packed. Someone said they had more breweries than last year too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived