Hampton Roads UP meetup

urbanvb

I can't think of a reason why I can't be there.
So long as its not raining out, i'll definitely be there... I just finished my associate in engineering at TCC, and have the next month to bum around (outside of the job that is). Be cool for a few to show up, could check out the TCC Student Center, Wells Fargo, TP Park, Belmont-

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as its not raining out, i'll definitely be there... I just finished my associate in engineering at TCC, and have the next month to bum around (outside of the job that is). Be cool for a few to show up, could check out the TCC Student Center, Wells Fargo, TP Park, Belmont-

Bayou Boogaloo. Great food. Great music.

Word, Noon Saturday right? Is Chesapeake Pirate coming!? Russdabuss? Who else?

The new addition to the top of the building on Granby (which has the Granby Bistro and I think some Police action in it) is looking pretty bad.

I am going to be in HR this weekend I would love to meet you guys, but I am scheduled to go to the beach (Sandbridge) at this time. I am really thinking about postponing the beach until Sunday if I can persuade my friends to do the same. I'll be staying downtown (of course) so I definately plan on going to the Bayou Boogaloo at Town Point Park. I think I went to this some 12 years ago and saw Santana there. I hope they serve Hurricanes like before. I better take my pictures before I start drinking, because just like me they become more crooked and fuzier the more beers I consume. Strange!

I hope they serve Hurricanes like before. I better take my pictures before I start drinking, because just like me they become more crooked and fuzier the more beers I consume. Strange!
I suffer from this same phenomenon...strange indeed-

What's up homies! Tomorrow at Noon, Granby Pizza!

Going to Crystal Method Sat night @ the Norva.

That should be quite a show man... is anyone else down for tomorrow other then myself & you? If not, we can just meet up on brambleton seeing as how we both live within throwing distance of it. PPL, let me know, looking forward to a nice day of cajun fest with some of you tomorrow...varider? Mobius?

I'll be playing music at Snappers on Granby from about 10-1:30 if anyone wants to stop by. It's our first paid gig but I think we have it together enough...only one way to find out.
Congrats man, gotta appreciate folk pursuing somethin they truly love! Where is Snappers at? I'll try to stop by on my rounds downtown & check it out

Well it worked out today, good times...learned a lot about the city from Tel, had some drinks, and cruised by some of the jobsite in downtown. Photos are up in the various project threads. Hope next time we get some other folks out as well-

Yeah, I'm in for next time. I went to the zoo today!!
The Norfolk Zoo is actually pretty cool .. I went there a couple years ago and enjoyed it...obviously it's not like the larger cities' zoos, but it's a nice addition to the region nonetheless. Glad we have it here.

Next time you're headin downtown man, post it up here, I'd gladly meet up and take some photos, its what I do on my usual saturday afternoon anyways. And tell ya what... if you wanna learn some stuff about ownership & leases in downtown, Tel is the man with the info... I think I learned more today about this stuff then I'd learned the last 8 months livin here.

Will do :thumbsup:

I thought it was called theNorfolk Zoo, but I found out today that It's the "virginia" zoo.. Just something I thought was odd. They have added a lot of stuff since I last went.. They got a train called the Norfolk Southern Express, there is construction all over the place, the most notable thing is a new tiger exhibit.. It's lookin' good!

• 3 weeks later...

You went to this? I was there too. :shades: Good show, we probably passed eachother a couple of times.

Ah cool! Yea, it was okay I guess. I saw the Pink Floyd tribute band called "The Machine" there a few weeks before, and to be honest I liked them more.

If you missed it, the Crystal Method guy twittered a bunch of negative stuff about Norfolk, but then removed it the next day. Said the police are oppressive and the people need to vote the gov't out or something. Pretty funny.

I'm going to try to see Apoptygma Berzerk at the 930 in DC. Wish Rise Against, Bad Religion or Sage Francis would come to the Norva. Also if VNV Nation comes back, I'll check them out again :-)

I saw CM there a number of years ago, the Tweekend tour. I dug that show more for some reason.

Are these hard rock or punk rock bands? I'm willing to try out a linkin park show. Your linkin is to my kanye, lol

Not a huge Kanye West fan here. I really liked the Dilated Peoples ft. Kanye West Track "This Way" ... and I actually bought the album. The rest, eh. Regretted buying it. Another track that I like, and it is of the same flavor is Talib Kweli, "Get By." I like both. (Blackalicious also had a track that both of those remind me of, pretty much a good day type song, but not Ice Cube).

Linkin Park did a collaboration with Jay Z, as well. Mash up album or whatever they called it. I've played it quite a bit.

There are a few "nerdcore" rap guys that I dig. The best (by far) is Jesse Dangerously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONG5P1M4XBw

I've been listening to some Immortal Technique and a few songs by a guy named Paris (Don't stop the movement).

Always looking for new good stuff.

Just saw the Connells (older pop rock band from Raleigh that has a pretty large following from this area for some unknown reason) down at the oceanfront ECSC on Saturday. First song I was like ohhh man this isn't sounding good but they warmed up quickly and it was on.

I listen to a lot of different genres so I'm all over the map. Miami Bass to Big Band.

• 2 weeks later...

When is the next meetup?

We going to act like Urban people and hang?

Or act like Hampton Roads residents and sit at home watching American Idol (Hey, give me credit, I didn't say Flip this house, property ladder, how much is my McCrapShack worth, etc) eating cheetos while wearing worn out sweat pants?!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived