Get Your Joy On!

GRDadof3

This from the Downtown Alliance. Tonight from 5-8 PM is the inaugural "Get Your Joy On" downtown shopping event, sponsored by the Downtown Alliance and participating downtown merchants.

Lot's of deals, food, entertainment, music and free carriage rides*

*Pick up carriage ride tickets at participating retailers.

http://downtowngr.org/holiday_merchants/

2105847560_38ea12bdfd_b.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that advertisement has been on the downtowngr.org website for about two weeks now.

I'm sure they did send out some press release to the media, but it wasn't seen as a priority or newsworthy. Why would the local news cover an event (for free) that is supposed to benefit private merchants? :lol:

It seems that advertisement has been on the downtowngr.org website for about two weeks now.

I'm sure they did send out some press release to the media, but it wasn't seen as a priority or newsworthy. Why would the local news cover an event (for free) that is supposed to benefit private merchants? :lol:

...and it's so easy to get a "newsworthy" item covered. Just write it up, provide all the facts, give the media guru a contact number or more details, and you're off!

I was watching the Humane Society's "black Friday" event with interest. Probably every media outlet covered it again and again, both before the big day and afterwards...immediate coverage on Saturday, and the wrap-up of "our best promo ever!" the next week. With e-mail, it doesn't even cost as much as a postage stamp nor a fax call to get the word out.

Memo to DT folk: you've moved on from KIAS. So stop it already!

[they should have Santa at the ice rink and/or GRAM]

...and it's so easy to get a "newsworthy" item covered. Just write it up, provide all the facts, give the media guru a contact number or more details, and you're off! ... With e-mail, it doesn't even cost as much as a postage stamp nor a fax call to get the word out. ...

Archived