Bakery Square

NewBurgh

I was just researching a little bit about Bakery Square and looking at some images of what it'll look like, and I'm not impressed at all. To me it looks just like the Southside Works with a huge parking lot in the middle.. maybe a Waterfront/Southside Works hybrid. I guess the trend these days is in "lifestyle centers", but I don't know... this doesn't look interesting to me in the least. I was really happy to see that this was being redeveloped. Hopefully I'll think differently about it when I see the final product. Maybe it'll really add to what Shadyside and East Lib have to offer. What do you guys think?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of parking (hilarious that they list that like it's a feature, right between retail and office space). But it also looks like there is some green space. Overall I think it looks pretty nice, just not quite as pedestrian-oriented as SouthSide Works. Still better than The Waterfront.

By the way, to this day I hate that The Waterfront has such a misleading name. You can barely even see the river from there. I went there with some people from out of town shortly after it opened, and what do you think one of them said? "Where's the water?"

Archived