Why live in West Michigan

GRDadof3

Here's a cool new video that everyone should check out. It interviews a number of people who live all over the Grand Rapids area and why they choose to call West Michigan "HOME". It even includes at least to Planeteers (may be more, not sure). :)

http://www.rightplace.org/live/

(If you don't have extremely fast internet speed, I'd pause it and let it fully download all the way before watching it. Otherwise the feed will keep bumping up against the file download)

Bonus points for every person you can name in the video. ;)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I could name everyone in the video but that might be cheating.

A while back I had asked the forum what they like most about the area we took some of that input and put together a booklet that goes with the video on the 57 things to know about Grand Rapids.

So thanks for the help Urban Planet.

George

Thanks Tommy-

Both of those errors are now in the process of being changed, I expect a new printing by next week.

On another note please pass the video on to who ever you think might have an interest in West Michigan.

(It is also posted on Youtube)

George

Thanks Tommy-

Both of those errors are now in the process of being changed, I expect a new printing by next week.

On another note please pass the video on to who ever you think might have an interest in West Michigan.

(It is also posted on Youtube)

George

The mention of Paul Schrader as a X-Rated film maker is to play up Grand Rapids as a more tolerable society, right? I think he is better known as a writer though. Didn't Hardcore carry a R rating? Aparently, Grand Rapids won't allow any more films in the city, because of the movie.

The mention of Paul Schrader as a X-Rated film maker is to play up Grand Rapids as a more tolerable society, right? I think he is better known as a writer though. Didn't Hardcore carry a R rating? Aparently, Grand Rapids won't film any more movies in the city, because of the movie.

I agree is a fun light piece of promotion,

But in the 57 things what about those under 30 hipsters? Are they the driving force behind the sell out concert success of Elton John, The Eagles, The WHo and Prince and Hannah Montana? And what about the uniqueness of our fruit belts in "greater GR" that supplies all those great foods to the local farmers markets? What about other water opportunities for recreating besides over sold images of Holland and Grand Haven? I think I actually saw the faint silhouette of Chicago in the promotional materials too!

Of course it is expected that homage be paid to our economic sisters on the big water, it is a RP tool afterall, it fits with their corporate mission.

I thought the film piece was well done, Liked the settings for the interviews though a little more hustle and bustle would have added energy to the piece imho. Takes us to to those musical venues, and house parties, show us the streets, the food vendors and amway tourists wandering donwtown.

It needed a little more grit, and reality! BUt perhaps that is not the objective of the RP?

I give it a B+ on content, A+ on production!

I think that it's a great Video and that Rachel (and others) did a terrific job. The only reason that I could think that the content could be lacking is that there is just so much to do in the area, it would be almost impossible to touch on every possible opportunity for a Young Professional Demographic.

I was impressed with someone saying that

Archived