Mitchell Report

Lowerdeck

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crickets? NFL you're up next! Can you win the Superbowl without a doped offensive line?

Compare the doping penalties. (Hilarious that baseball doesn't enforce "3 strikes and you're out!" with regard to PEDs.)

Baseball:

1st positive 10 day suspension or 10000 fine

2nd Positive 30 day suspension or 25000 fine

3rd Positive 60 day suspension or 50000 fine

4th Positive One year suspension or 100000 fine

Cycling :

1st positive 2 year ban

2nd Positive Lifetime ban

Ever wonder why you often read about pro cyclists getting busted... well, they are tested for PEDs often.

Clemens and Pettitte are on the list ... intriguing.

Other names: Miguel Tejada, Bonds, Paul Lo Duca.

It's over 300 pages, 400 if you include letters and appendixes and the 30-40 pages of photocopies of checks from players and steroids/HGH suppliers.

I dont think any sport has a problem as bad as baseball's. All the people on that list should be thrown out of baseball for a minimum of two years. The really bad offenders should get thrown out for life and have all their records taken away (Bonds, I'm looking in your direction) Is any of that going to happen? Of course not. A bunch of freaked-out maniacs smashing 800-foot homers puts butts in the seats and dollars in the bank account.

The real shame is that until recently, baseball had the best consistency and cohesion of the major sports in terms of its history. You could pretty easily compare a current player's stats to those of bygone years and have a good idea of who was better (unlike the NFL where new marks are set almost every season). I mean, Babe Ruth still had better stats than almost anyone just a few years ago! Anytime a record was broken, it was a BIG deal, once-in-a-lifetime event.

But with the steroids mess, it'll never be that way again. The last 10 years we've seen almost all the major records broken, and it just so happens that they were broken by the same guys who are being exposed for steroid use. So now you've got a whole generation that owns the record books, but has no legitimacy. From here on out the concept of "legend" is just screwed in baseball. What a terrible mess.

I dont think any sport has a problem as bad as baseball's. All the people on that list should be thrown out of baseball for a minimum of two years. The really bad offenders should get thrown out for life and have all their records taken away (Bonds, I'm looking in your direction) Is any of that going to happen? Of course not. A bunch of freaked-out maniacs smashing 800-foot homers puts butts in the seats and dollars in the bank account.

It's funny how everyone villified Jose Canseco for years, and ironically, he is the one telling the truth. Mark McGwire? His silence speaks for itself because he wasn't there to talk about the past. Sammy Sosa plays english dumb. Raphael Palmeiro boldly lied on national tv, and gets caught later on. That "investigation" Clemens' lawyers are launching on their own to see why Clemens is on the Mitchell report is laughable in itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Roger Clemens was on "60 Minutes" tonight. He seemed agitated and thirsty, but overall, he gave plausible responses to Mike Wallace's questions regarding doping allegations and denied many of the allegations of the Mitchell Report. During one exchange between Clemens and Wallace, viewers learned that Clemens was 'taking Vioxx like they were Skittles' (paraphrased). Clemens offered this fact as he described his use of 'accepted' drugs in order to play through the pain of injuries. The ironic thing is how after the interview ended viewers watched a Lipitor comercial?! Yeah, like the very next commercial!

We villify our professional entertainers who 'disappoint' us when they make mortal mistakes, yet we take a pass on taking a larger look at society. If I schedule an appointment with my doctor and ask them about Aderall and its benefits to restoring my mental clarity, would any my co-workers villify me for exploiting performance enhancing drugs? The local weather lady has some 'work' done to look more appealing on camera... "she's 46?... she looks 30!"

Roger Clemens was on "60 Minutes" tonight. He seemed agitated and thirsty, but overall, he gave plausible responses to Mike Wallace's questions regarding doping allegations and denied many of the allegations of the Mitchell Report. During one exchange between Clemens and Wallace, viewers learned that Clemens was 'taking Vioxx like they were Skittles' (paraphrased). Clemens offered this fact as he described his use of 'accepted' drugs in order to play through the pain of injuries. The ironic thing is how after the interview ended viewers watched a Lipitor comercial?! Yeah, like the very next commercial!

We villify our professional entertainers who 'disappoint' us when they make mortal mistakes, yet we take a pass on taking a larger look at society. If I schedule an appointment with my doctor and ask them about Aderall and its benefits to restoring my mental clarity, would any my co-workers villify me for exploiting performance enhancing drugs? The local weather lady has some 'work' done to look more appealing on camera... "she's 46?... she looks 30!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived