Casey Weldon Fired As NFC Head Coach

Beukeboom

I read about the firing of former FSU QB being fired as head coach of NFC's football team even though he had two winning seasons and played for the state title (although fell short both times). I've read Randy Ray's statement that it was "God's will" that Weldon was fired and that has me scratching my head. I've been reading comments on the Dems site and the consensus seems to be that the firing was unjustified and the returning head coach is unliked by most. Don't know if it's true or if it's sour grapes but I figure the real reason for Weldon's firing is known only by Pastor Randy Ray.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been interesting to me to read all the NFC folks airing their dirty laundry on the boards of the Democrat. They have some very odd and different beliefs than I do.

For me and yes just for me, I believe this whole case illustrates what's wrong w/organized religion these days when it becomes too powerful or thinks it has become too powerful.

The God's Will thing is just ludicrous!

NFC is a private entity and they can do what they chose to do and answer to no one, but who would give up a coach that has taken them to state both of his years coaching, that is home-grown in that school, an FSU QB, Heisman candidate and NFL player? 1A schools private or not, don't get that opportunity very often.

^ i do not think this is an organized religion issue. people outside of organized religion make power plays every day and use other excuses that are just as ridiculous as Rev. Ray's.

Anyway, Rev. Ray seems to be acting on his own and people are calling him out on it. He is giving Christians a bad name by saying the firing was "God's will". He should just man up and admit he is a weasel and did not like Weldon.

Very true, it's that power play coupled w/a lot of the comments I read on the Democrat boards that let me to that train of thought. I've never been a fan of large power churches (personal bias of my own,) I prefer the smaller simpler ones (which I am sure have power plays of their own) and as I stated, it's just how I see it. YMMV. :)

Archived