dan326

Baton Rouge International Airport

BTR International Airport   13 members have voted

1. 1. When do you see BTR starting to offer international flights?

• In 10 years
    • In 20 years
    • In 30 years
    • In 40 years
    • When it partners with New Orleans
    • In the nonforseable future
  2. 2. What do you think BTR will offer as its first international flight?

• Mexico
    • Central America
    • The Carribean
    • Canada
    • Other (Post your idea)
  3. 3. Do you think the airport would be renamed?

• Yes (Post your idea)
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

This is a thread I started just for fun. I was thinking on the subject of international flights and wanted to see what ya'lls opinions were. :)

btr_sidebar_02.jpg

Edited by dan326

I don't see international flights coming in or out of BTR anytime soon. I don't think we could sustain international flights on a regular basis. Maybe we could do something to the Carribean twice a week. If it is marketed correctly, that may work.

I simply don't see BR ever having an international airport. We simply aren't that kind of city, we aren't a major destination. The only way it could possibly happen is if we had major companies here with offices that dealt alot with international customers.

I do not see BR getting an International Airport antime soon; being only 75-80 miles from NOLA's Int' Airport is a big reason. A DFW type airport would be nice between NOLA & BR connected by light-rail transit, but don't see that coming in the near future either.

I notice around the country more and more cities with International Airports popping-up; when they don't seem like legit International Airports.

We can't even get regular domestic air traffic coming in and out of BTR much less international flights LOL

If Livingston gets Disney to come BTR will have to expand! I believe when this happens we might start seeing Int. flights.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Disney wouldn't move an amusement park here.

They might open a studio, though.

Even so, Baton Rouge will never be a hub. At best, it will be a super regional airport like Cincy or NOLA or Orlando....which is probably a better alternative to being a small hub as far as ticket prices are concerned.

Edited by cajun

i think they have always been looking in South louisiana

That makes no sense when Texas is next door. They have been reported to be looking at Katy, TX, west of Houston.

I could see a small park on the northshore though.

Cajun could be refering to Disney's interest in Louisiana in the 70's(somewhere in the Florida Parishes?); however the politrixters were simply too shady for them...deciding instead for swampy Central Florida.

Yes, back in the 60's and 70's. Disney wanted cheap southern rural land and La politicians screwed it up.