Menard's, Lowe's, Home Depot

tamias6

Rhino...(and any other interested UPer's)...We're having an Open House of our latest Eastown renovation...1441 Milton SE just off Wilcox Park...this Thursday from 4PM to Midnight...It's a total gut and redo of an 1860s farmhouse, and most of material, upwards of $50,000 worth, was purchased right in the neighborhood at either Miller-Zylstra, Standard Lumber, Modern Hardware, Rylee's or the Sherwin-Williams Paint Store on Grandville SW.

Did I buy a few things at Lowes or Home Depot? Sure. Could I have gotten some materials cheaper? Probably. But I really tried to make sure the money I was pumping into the local economy stayed close to home. Otherwise, what's the point?

Check it out if you're around this Thursday the 20th, from 4PM to Midnight...1441 Milton SE...warm food and cold libations...all UPer's welcome.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being from Jenison, I go to Gemmens. Sounds alot like Rylees. They are extremely helpful and if they cannot help you, they tell you who can. They have at least one of everything and some stuff looks like it has been on the shelf since 1982.

If I have to buy bulk, I go to Lowes. That is just becasue it it closer than Home Depot. There is no Menards in the Jenison/Hudsonville/Grandville area so I do not frequent them.

When we lived in Holland we went to VanWierens Hardware. Way out by the beach but they had one of everything and you could by bait for fishing.

i am disappointed in the quality of lumber at lowe's. i have to go through a ton of boards to find a decent one. i go to rylee's at least three or four times a week. they are really close, but they don't have lumber. miller zeilstra has lumber but the difference is actually a couple of dollars per board more expensive.

i am disappointed in the quality of lumber at lowe's. i have to go through a ton of boards to find a decent one. i go to rylee's at least three or four times a week. they are really close, but they don't have lumber. miller zeilstra has lumber but the difference is actually a couple of dollars per board more expensive.

Archived