New Office Building + Parking structure on Division

wolverine

The University of Michigan will construct an addition to the Thompson Street Parking Structure on Division Ave. The project will include a 2 story office building sensitive to area architecture. This project replaces a surface parking lot, no buildings will be demolished. This project will alleviate the large parking deficit as a result of numerous construction projects on Central Campus that replaced surface parking. The net gain in parking with this project will be +284 spaces. Neighboring guest parking (red lot) will not be affected by this project.

newthompsonparking.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, my girlfriends former house is literally at the right edge of that photograph, so I know that parking structure well.

The gate for the parking lot next to it is constantly being hit and broken. They repair it, and then a week later it's broken again.

I know of several generations of people who have lived in the nearby houses who have gate-souveniers in their basements.

I hope the construction doesn't take too long since the top of that parking structure is one of the best places to watch storms roll into Ann Arbor.

Haha, my girlfriends former house is literally at the right edge of that photograph, so I know that parking structure well.

The gate for the parking lot next to it is constantly being hit and broken. They repair it, and then a week later it's broken again.

I know of several generations of people who have lived in the nearby houses who have gate-souveniers in their basements.

I hope the construction doesn't take too long since the top of that parking structure is one of the best places to watch storms roll into Ann Arbor.

I lived on Jefferson my sophomore year and remember lowering my shoulder and snapping that gate right off one night at about 3 AM. So young, drunk and foolish.

In regards to the actual project, I can never get too excited about a parking garage although the design here isn't too bad and is replacing a surface parking lot which is always good.

Actually, my girlfriend lives near Jefferson right next to the parking garage right now and has for the past three years, that is coincidental. She is actually upset because there has been construction right there the entire time she lived there; LSA, Student Activities building, and Archeology Museum. She was hoping that she would have a little bit of time without construction and now it is even closer to her place. Oh well, guess she will have to just move.

Archived