Civic Center Renaming

Theophrastus Bombastus

I don't have a problem with this although "Hartford" is going away, it's already happened in most other cities. Plus, in other parts of the country, "The Hartford Civic Center" was sarcastically thought of as "The Mall". Now, I thought the building was "obsolete" - will it last another 6 years, or is XL positioning themselves for a possible new arena?

Civic's Out: Now It's The XL Center

Six-Year Agreement Gives Insurer Naming Rights For Downtown Facility

By MARK PETERS {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Courant Staff Writer

December 18, 2007

XL is no longer just a jersey size in Hartford sports.

The two letters will anchor a new name for the Hartford Civic Center under an agreement to sell the naming rights of the landmark venue to XL Insurance.

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-namin...0,1286831.story

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EHH

its a mute point, the change has all ready happened, and the web site is all fancy like most AEG sites.

Looks good. and now the city of Hartford is being invaded by teeny boppers as we speak. Most of my collegues had trouble parking this morning because Hannah Montanas busses and trucks blocked off church street. wild times!!!

Archived