New Population Estimates for Territories, etc!

Sorry i dont have any figures for Puerto Rico but here population estimates that were recently released for other areas for 2004:

1-Guam: 166,090

2-U.S. Virgin Islands: 108,775

3-The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM): 108,155

4-Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI): 78,252

5-American Samoa: 59,902

6-Marshall Islands: 57,738

7-Palau: 20,016

Cute! :D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Kota! Ooh i'd like to see that or they could just be including people that consider themselves to be part American too but were probably not born there but decendant of atleast one person in the fam that was an American. Anyhow, Mexico's got everyone in the world beat with the most American ex-pats! There's something like over a 1,000,000 there! :P In 2000 there were 61,000-70,000 people in the US that were born in OZ over a 1,000-2,000 migrate to the US each year. As for people that considered themselves of Australian ancestry in the year 2000 there were approx. 79,000.

Hi urbanguy, Yeah! They are quite interesting numbers.Sorry I can not refer you to the site, it was one from Australian Census Source. But it referred to USA passport holders. This country now has people from 140 former homelands, and Americans have come here since the 1850's and in many cases have pioneered parts of the country. Australia and USA have recently signed a free trade agreement. I must congratulate you on your pics which I quite enjoy, I have nice memories of Honolulu and the Aloha spirit. Cheers,kota :D

kota16, hehe thanks i appreciate it! :D

Wendell good question well here goes a few examples:

Guam: The island is approximately 30 miles long, with a variable width ranging from 4 to 12 miles, and has a total land mass of 212 square miles.

CNMI: The total land area of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, (CNMI), is 176.5 square miles. This is an area about equal in size to that of Barbados or the Seychelles. The CNMI 14 island chain extends about 400 nautical miles (460 statute miles) from the island of Rota in the south to the most northern island of Farallon De Pajaros.

American Samoa: American Samoa is a small archipelago that occupies only 76 square miles of land. Five of the main islands (Tutuila, Ta'u, Ofu, Olosega, Aunu'u, Nu'utele) are volcanic, with rugged peaks, narrow coastal plains and fringing reefs. Swain's and Rose Islands are coral atolls.

:P

kota16, BTW thats awesome that Australia is becoming more and more of an immigrant magnet and starting to diversify more, which hopefully it will kill soon kill the stereotypes that outsiders have of that country. Also, 140 is pretty darn good its starting to become like the US! BTW the US accepted migrants from over 225 different countries/places of origin last year alone! I guess that basically covers every country on the planet, isn't that a trip? :o

Archived