Old MassMutual HQ in Asylum Hill to be Demolished

HartfordTycoon

• 1 month later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares if the Conn. Mutual insurance name is left on the building. Lets move forward the site is not a museum of a failed company. Lets hope The Hartford considers building something interesting there. They have been adding tons of office space in Windsor.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone have the text of those courant articles? I don't think the links work anymore.

Also, am I the only one that thinks a magnet school is a bad idea for that part of town? I would think the best location for a magnet school would be in a residential area (maybe down on Farmington where some of those vacant lots are near Burger king - just Eminent Domain that). The Asylum hill area still has to compete with LOTS of traffic/interstate-ness, vacant buildings (capitol West) and vicinity of bars, all which might not be the best location for a magnet school.

Also, VoR, it's a shame you have to look at that AWFUL Capitol West Building. Maybe the crew will "accidentally" demolish a little extra ;)

Does anyone have the text of those courant articles? I don't think the links work anymore.

Also, am I the only one that thinks a magnet school is a bad idea for that part of town? I would think the best location for a magnet school would be in a residential area (maybe down on Farmington where some of those vacant lots are near Burger king - just Eminent Domain that). The Asylum hill area still has to compete with LOTS of traffic/interstate-ness, vacant buildings (capitol West) and vicinity of bars, all which might not be the best location for a magnet school.

Also, VoR, it's a shame you have to look at that AWFUL Capitol West Building. Maybe the crew will "accidentally" demolish a little extra ;)

Almost everything you see there is coming down. the building is something like 460,000 Square feet, and they are only saving something like 45,000 SF, and the part they are saving is the part that faces The hartfords office tower. Thats why you can see all the walls knocked out of that section in the picture.

Almost everything you see there is coming down. the building is something like 460,000 Square feet, and they are only saving something like 45,000 SF, and the part they are saving is the part that faces The hartfords office tower. Thats why you can see all the walls knocked out of that section in the picture.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived