Drury University to build a 4,500 seat arena

The O'Reilly Family Event Center will open for the

2009-2010 season!

arena_full.jpg

O'Reilly family pledges $6 million to new arena.

The O'Reilly family has pledged $6 million toward a $12 million state-of-the-art events center at Drury University.

The new center will be called the O'Reilly Family Event Center, where Drury graduation, athletic and community events will take place. The family founded O'Reilly Auto Parts in Springfield, Mo., in 1957.

The events center will serve as the new home for the tradition-rich Panther and Lady Panther basketball programs, both currently ranked in the Top 10 nationally in NCAA Division II, as well as other constituencies.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I'm glad that Drury is duilding a new arena but that design is pretty bad. All the seats on one side and then a couple of luxury boxes on the other... seems pretty odd to me. Since they're wanting to make an events center (concerts, parties, etc...) they should have explored many other designs before choosing one this weird. I just thik they could have done a better job.

Archived