Saugatuck Dunes Fight

GRDadof3

I didn't think this is about property rights of the owner but more about zoning of the land in question. I re-read the article on Mlive but it didnt cover everything I heard on the news last night at 11pm. From what I gathered, the land owner is requesting the zoning be change from the current R5(I might be wrong, couldn't remember the exact number) to R4. Under current zoning of R5, the owner can only have one house per every five acres of land. He is requesting the township change the zoning to R4 so he can have one house for ever one acre and a half of land. If the township will grant the zoning change it sounds like he will "lease" or give the southern property to the township and will not seek to develope the souther portion. The owner is asking/requesting this because at the time he bought the property the zoning was set to R4. The owner is saying that a couple of years after he purchased the property the township changed the zoing to R5. The owner is currently sueing the Township because he believes he was not properly informed about the vote to change the zoing from R4 to R5. He is also sueing because he feels with the zoning change that the property value should be reassessed thus lowering his taxes on he property.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived