Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samsonh

The Chesterfield condos

12 posts in this topic

I am not sure if there was an older thread on this but RC Matthews pulled the permit for this development today. If so mods can you lock and move, thanks

Chesterfield

What a shame. IMO this is the ugliest design to hit Nashville in a long time. Very blah. The floor plans couldn't be more generic. You'd think for the neighborhood, they'd come up with something with at least a little bit of character.

These will be off Blair where it hits Sharondale/Chesterfield and up against the 440 wall.

I almost thought this project may have been dead. I have been over there a couple of times and to my surprise there was always a car parked at the sales office. I am glad they have sold enough to start. The design is OK, but is better than the Blair house that was there before.

The design is OK, but is better than the Blair house that was there before.

i haven't seen this project's rendering. Is there a link?

Also, what's the three-story condo building that's going up a block west of Hillsboro Village? There was some discussion on this board that the rendering looked too far back from the street. Anybody have a link?

it depresses me to see such weak projects justified this way. looks like future blight imo. maybe when they knock this one down in 2032 the next developer will do a nice job.

i believe these condos are too far away from our urban core. If they were built in the midtown area i think they could make more of an impact.

i believe these condos are too far away from our urban core. If they were built in the midtown area i think they could make more of an impact.

Looks as if the 92 unit Chesterfield Condos are dead for the time being as the developer has put the project on hold due to a tightening credit market. Not a surprise. I had thought the project was under construction because of some work going on there earlier last year. This is not a significant project because of the location. I think they may do better building apartments right now. Of course that is what they tore down to build this project in the first place.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=59191

Looks as if the 92 unit Chesterfield Condos are dead for the time being as the developer has put the project on hold due to a tightening credit market. Not a surprise. I had thought the project was under construction because of some work going on there earlier last year. This is not a significant project because of the location. I think they may do better building apartments right now. Of course that is what they tore down to build this project in the first place.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=59191