Randolph Road Projects in Elizabeth

Myrtle

Looks like there's a land assemblage being put together by "One Randolph Place, LLC" that's underway on Randolph Road bound South to Dotger, North to Laurel Ridge townhomes (except for one parcel), and as deep back as Vail Avenue (about 9 lots total). Does anyone have any additional info. on this? Zoning supports multi-family. I've got the info. on the owner (he also filed a "One Queens, LLC" the same day) but want info. on the development in Elizabeth. Thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The photo the "assembler's" agent showed a group of owners of a parcel they were interested in looked like The Rosewood. They claimed it would be up to 60 units, $350K minimum with underground parking and a pool. Pitched as an "Eastover comes to Elizabeth" type of project with much larger units and better appointed than the Laurel Ridge.

If the one remaining house on randolph holds out too long, they said they would just build around them. The house with the nice new garage house in back was on their list to acquire as well, but it's not likely they'll budge.

Hmmm....doesn't sound that appealing to me.....from what you've described, I'm imagining Parkwood Knolls on Park. From the descriptions, it sounds like a stucco- "castle-esque" building.....hopefully they're not planning anything over 4 stories, though considering the successful campaign to block the rezoning for the first iteration of Laurel Ridge, I think ECA would combat this fiercely if it needs a rezoning (haven't checked what it is, but I would guess something along the lines of O-2)

Hmmm....doesn't sound that appealing to me.....from what you've described, I'm imagining Parkwood Knolls on Park. From the descriptions, it sounds like a stucco- "castle-esque" building.....hopefully they're not planning anything over 4 stories, though considering the successful campaign to block the rezoning for the first iteration of Laurel Ridge, I think ECA would combat this fiercely if it needs a rezoning (haven't checked what it is, but I would guess something along the lines of O-2)

I wish Eastover would stay on it's side of Randolph and not bring it's high prices and snobbery to Elizabeth. This condo project is only going to increase pressure on the few remaining affordable apt complexes in that part of the neighborhood to sell out, decreasing the most critically needed housing stock in Charlotte.

Is it Eastover, or is it developers and agents trying to push the limits? No matter how good a marketing plan, anyone who has lived in Charlotte for more than several years knows that Randolph divides Elizabeth from Eastover and that Eastover will only stay where it always has been. I grew up in Eastover. If anything, a development in this location would buffer the rest of Elizabeth from Randolph.

The condo market is not great right now for lower-priced units. High end condos (not just "luxury" bc everyone slings that term around) are selling better. I personally like The Rosewood, and I have been in Charlotte my entire life.

Apartments would be a great alternative--we need more in this area. Depends on what the developer needs to get out of the deal.

I don't understand Charlotte developers' fascinations for cramming condos onto major thoroughfares. In my mind, the buying public will discount these developments unless being on that thoroughfare comes with some advanatages such as street-level retail or access to rail-based transit. Other than that, apartments seem like the better development strategy, as the target market is less concerned about noise/traffic/privacy/etc as they are not typically committed to the location.....of course land prices being paid don't follow this logic.

^ So yes, I agree with Myrtle....except about liking Rosewood.

Also, I believe many who live on Vail would have you believe they live in Eastover, though I don't buy their arguement that the creek is the dividing line....like Myrtle said, to anyone who grew up in Charlotte, Randolph is the great divide.

Their argument would be that they live in zipcode "28207" rather than 28204. I didn't know that this was their zip until about a year ago when I looked into selling an assemblage of multi-family dwellings nearby. It's still not Eastover--and I think that the rest of Eastover and the rest of Elizabeth alike would agree with us on this one.

Also, given that the nearby "Towns or Grove at Elizabeth" I never figured out which it is :P was a condo conversion from The Forest Apts is not done sitewise and is still behind on finishing amenities, I don't think more condos in that area would be a great idea. Has Laurel Ridge sold well?

Archived