Meijer

Meijer closing 2 more small format stores in Chicagoland

Earlier this year Meijer also closed a small format store in Niles, IL.   There were also tentative plans to open another small format store in Morton Grove, IL too.  I suspect those plans have been scrapped due to the failure of the similar stores in suburban Chicago.  It seems that Meijer has not had success with smaller format over the years, i.e., Meijer Square format.  Hopefully lessons learned as plans move forward to open a small format store on Grand Rapids' near west side.  It would seem that they might have better luck with that store, as Meijer is a well known and "trusted" brand in Grand Rapids. 

4 hours ago, mpchicago said:

Meijer closing 2 more small format stores in Chicagoland

Earlier this year Meijer also closed a small format store in Niles, IL.   There were also tentative plans to open another small format store in Morton Grove, IL too.  I suspect those plans have been scrapped due to the failure of the similar stores in suburban Chicago.  It seems that Meijer has not had success with smaller format over the years, i.e., Meijer Square format.  Hopefully lessons learned as plans move forward to open a small format store on Grand Rapids' near west side.  It would seem that they might have better luck with that store, as Meijer is a well known and "trusted" brand in Grand Rapids. 

Aren't they also supposed to open a small-format store in Detroit near the Little Caesar's Arena as well?

Edited by mtburb

Shown here in these pictures are both the retail and grocery entrances of the meijer store on Clyde Park Ave SW in Wyoming, MI.  The retail entrance has entrance and exit doors on the north and south sides of the vestibule and the grocery entrance has the entrance/exit doors on the north side of it's vestibule.

Only the grocery entrance area has a separate cart storage room on the right side of the grocery entrance where as carts on the retail side are store in the vestibule.  The inner doors for both entrances are located on the east side of the vestibules.

Anyone know what style of entrys these are?

I do not believe they are original to the building as the store used to feature different styles years back.

Retail Entry.JPG

Grocery Entry.JPG

Edited by pcdoctor

The Northville Meijer (Haggerty and 8 Mile) also has those types of glass entrance structures, as does the Meijer along US 127 on the east side of Jackson. They are original to both stores and both stores also once featured similarly-curved structures connecting the entrances, but that section was taken out and replaced with an arch in late-90's renovations to those stores.

Shown here is the temporary store entrance into the Mt. Pleasant Meijer while it's undergoing it's major renovation.  I do not believe there was ever an entrance there in the past.  But the reason they have that entrance is so that they can build/rebuild the new grocery and retail entrances which are currently being built and will be under construction for a long time.

When you go into the store, there are checkout lanes on the left side of the entrance, cart storage directly in front and then more checkout lanes on the right.

What seemed weird to me was that the service desk is located on the west side of the checkout lanes.  Not sure if it's always been there, and if it's always been there, were checkout lanes ever in front of it?

And then the pharmacy was directly next to the service desk.

As for the rest of the store, I can't really say much about what's going on in there mainly because I was in a hurry to get something rather quickly, but looking into the grocery section, Aisles 1 and 2 were sectioned off with the curtains down for possible ceiling painting and other work, but didn't go down that far to actually see what was going on.  The store has the temporary department signs similar to what the Southgate Meijer has right now.  The whole front of the store other than the temporary entrance is walled over.

I do believe they plan on putting up all new lighting that will replace the lighting similar to what's in the grocery department of the Alpine Meijer store.

Other than that, that's pretty much all I know.

Mt. Pleasant Meijer Entrance.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

• 3 months later...

If anyone has been to Alpine Meijer lately and pays close attention to stuff, you will have noticed that the most if not all of fluorescent lighting that is over the checkout lanes, front promenade of the store, the lighting in the Delicious to go/deli/bakery and the meat/seafood counters has been replaced with what looks like only a one bulb type of fluorescent light fixture.  With it only being one bulb, the lighting seems brighter than what was there before.  When I was at the store on Sunday, all but two of the fluorescent lights over the checkout lanes have been replaced with the new style of fluorescent lights.  Probably by now, the remaining two fixtures were replaced.  One thing I did notice however was one of the new lights over the checkout lanes was dim.  Can't remember which lane it was.

Also, the Subway restaurant inside the Alpine Meijer has closed down as well.  Not sure if other stores have a Subway, and if they did, I wonder if they closed them down as well.  Most times there was hardly any business inside the subway restaurant which could be why it closed?  Or maybe Meijer is ending it's partnership with Subway?  Anyways, now that they are closed, I'm not sure what's going to be happening with the space as of yet.

Also, the refresh remodel for the store will soon be getting underway.  I think once the Southgate Meijer store was done, Alpine would be next for the remodel.  I know they plan to paint as well as change all the department and aisle signs as well as change out the numbers for the checkout lanes.  They also plan to build a Skecher's mini shoe store in the shoe department as well.  They should also replace the lighting in the grocery section since it did not get done during the major remodel in 2007.

So we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pcdoctor said:

Also, the Subway restaurant inside the Alpine Meijer has closed down as well.  Not sure if other stores have a Subway, and if they did, I wonder if they closed them down as well.  Most times there was hardly any business inside the subway restaurant which could be why it closed?  Or maybe Meijer is ending it's partnership with Subway?  Anyways, now that they are closed, I'm not sure what's going to be happening with the space as of yet.

Some locations have a Subway, some have a Starbucks, and occasionally you'll see one with both (Gaines Twp) or neither (Clyde Park & 54th). There is also a restaurant chain called Ben's Soft Pretzels that's becoming more commonplace in Meijer stores - apparently they're now in Knapp's Corner, Standale, and Jenison, but I haven't been to any of those stores since they were added.

I don't believe Meijer has "partnerships" with any of its tenants except for the banks. The restaurants and salons just sign leases on a store-by-store basis. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong?

Alpine Meijer Remodeling Update:

As I mentioned in the last post, new lighting has gone up over the checkout lanes, the front action way in front of the checkout lanes and all departments mentioned above.  New lighting of the same type has also gone up where the center entrance used to be, customer service desk, most of the mezzanine floor and a few offices as well as in the Pharmacy too.

I would have thought that the two old lights that are up by lanes 5 and 6 would have been changed out during my visit, but it turns out that they have not yet.  Also, the really dim light is by lane 11 and 12.  Mind you this is one of the new lights that recently went up.  See picture below.

Also, where the former Subway restaurant is at, there was material covering the entrance so you couldn't see inside, but I was able to peak through an area not fully covered and there were people working in there who were probably wondering what I was doing.  But everything that was in there has been ripped out.  Only the lighting was still in there for the time being.  The Subway sign has been removed too.  Still not sure of what will go in that space yet.

Since lighting is being replaced in the store, I am now going to make a prediction that I do believe the lighting in the grocery section will be replaced during the remodel.  How I know this is that many of the fixtures have burnt out bulbs, and that area of the store looks a bit dark and dingy.

That's all there is for now.

Meijer Light.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

Really not much to report.  Work at the former subway seems to have stopped.  Plastic is covering the opening and I can't even see through it.

If any new lighting went up, it probably went up in offices.  But where the lighting hasn't been changed out yet, it definitely needs to be changed out.  It looks bad.

The two old lights over lanes 5 and 6 have still not been replaced, and the one by Lane 11 and 12 is still very dim.

We shall see what all happens.

Meanwhile, the Southgate Meijer renovation has officially been concluded.

The grand reopening was a pretty neat experience. There were plenty of activities to do, a lot more lines were open than normal and there were even personalities from a local radio station.

The Southgate Meijer is now all-out ready to go one-on-one with a forthcoming Kroger Marketplace that continues taking shape right across Fort Street in the former Super Kmart building.

Well, since this thread is mostly about changes in the different Meijer stores, I have one thing along those lines to report.  At the Rivertown store they’ve reversed the placement of the dry and wet cat food.  The side of the aisle where the wet cat food was now has the dry cat food and the wet cat food is now on the other side.

Edited by walker
  • Like 1

Well the remodeling is getting into full force.  All of the department signs throughout the store, as well as the signs that say delicious to go, deli, bakery, meat and seafood, customer service, etc... have been removed and replaced with blue temporary signs with the names of the departments, but they also say bringing a new shopping experience in Grand Rapids, MI.  The only original signage that still remains are the grocery aisle rockwell signs in the grocery section.  The "Thank you for shopping at Meijer" signs at both exits have also been removed as well.  I didn't notice if the "Welcome" sign was gone or not in the entrance as well,

So my prediction on the lighting in the grocery section is indeed correct.  However, they are not replacing the lights with strip lighting that you see in the retail section of the store.  They are replacing them with LED light fixtures.  A few of these new fixtures are up in Aisle 3.  I don't know how to describe them, nor was I able to get a picture of it.  Will try to get a picture next time I'm there.

Also, the lighting underneath the awning in front of the store outside is also being replaced with newer LED lighting.  While there, two of the fixtures at the end on the grocery side have been replaced.

The two old lights by Lanes 5 and 6 have still not been replaced, and the light by lane 11 or 12 is still very dim.

So I believe next week, painting of the walls will take place where department lettering used to hang.

That's all I seemed to notice while there today.

• 2 weeks later...

Alpine Meijer Remodeling Update as of Saturday, August 26, 2017:

Most of the construction work seems to be taking place around the now former e4 department in the back of the store.  The video game display cases have been removed and in it's place are now books and magazines.  It is unclear if this is a temporary location for those or if it's permanent.  But from the way they looked like on the shelves, I'm going to assume that they are temporarily there.  Above it, painting on the wall has taken place.  It is now the brown color that newer and remodeled meijer stores are going to.  Also, many of the shelves in the electronics department were being cleared.  I thought at first that the department was going to stay where it currently is, but now I'm not sure.  If it moves, it would move to about where automotive is currently located.

If you look on the walls starting at around the toy section and even going into the grocery section, you will notice that the brown color is painted in spots.

Where department signs used to hang on the walls, they've been patched in with white putty as those walls await paint and their new signage.

The section across from stationary where candles used to be was cleared out for the most part.  I'm guessing that new shelving will be going in.  I don't seem them replacing the floor again since it was done in 2007.

I was able to take a couple quick pictures, however I was not able to get a picture of the area that held candles and other things, but was able to get pictures of the brown wall, the temporary department sign and a picture of what could be new lighting throughout the grocery section.

Also, the restrooms on the mezzanine floor are closed for renovations.  People needing to use the restrooms will need to use the restrooms in the grocery entrance.

Still, the two fluorescent lights in lanes 5 and 6 have not been replaced yet, and the light by the lane 12 sign is still dim.  Also the lights in front of the restrooms on the mezzanine floor have not been replaced yet.

Books and Magazines Sign.jpg

Brown Wall.jpg

Brown Wall1.jpg

New Grocery Lighting.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

Alpine Meijer Remodeling Update As of September 1, 2017:

Starting inside the grocery entrance.  It looks like the walls inside the space have received a coat or primer.  Eventually they will receive a very light brown color and above the inner entrance doors it will say Welcome to your Alpine Meijer or something along those lines.

Where the Subway used to be, the space now houses the clearance area with all clearance items inside.  It will most likely only be like this during the remodeling project.

I didn't fully go back to the e4 department, so I'm not sure what all is new there.  However, where the books are at, I'm hoping that it's not the permanent location for them.  I just think it makes the electronics area look bad.  If Electronics is staying where it's at, books should go where either stationary is or where the DVD/Blu Ray movies used to be.  They've moved to another area of the department.

As for the rest of the walls throughout the store, starting in the retail section, it looks like they've begun receiving a coat of primer.  Some walls either had a 2nd coat put on or have received paint.  As for the wall colors, the top boarder will be brown, below it will be like an off-white color and below that it could be a lighter brown color.  I'm basing this off of other Meijer renovations that have taken place.

On the right side of the north/south actionway and at the edge of the east/west actionway, the area that was cleared out last week has received what appears to be wood flooring like tile.  Currently it's holding some racks with clothing.  I'm not sure what is planned for that space as of yet.

Various other items on the right side of the north/south actionway in the retail section such as vacuum cleaners have been moved and many things are being temporarily house in the east/west actionway at the back of the store.

Almost all of the grocery section has received the new lighting that looks like the light in the picture on the previous post.  Lighting over the meat coolers, and lighting from the produce department to Aisle 13 over the actionway as well as a few other lights have yet to be replaced.

The retail entrance has received carpet in the entire entry.  I'm wondering if it's like that because the floor has been ripped out or if this is permanent.

The restrooms on the mezzanine floor have reopened.  I however did not go up there to see what they look like though.

So here are a couple quick pictures I was able to take while at the store.

So over the course of the next week, I think the remodeling is going to kick up into high force and things will begin to be rather out of place for a bit.

New Wood Tile Floor.jpg

Grocery Section With New Lighting.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Alpine Meijer Remodeling Update as of September 10, 2017:

Side Note: It is hard to tell if any painting took place on the exterior of the building as the colors seemed to be a little off.  More so on the center part of the building.  Seemed to be that the bottom part between the grocery entrance and retail entrance was a brighter color, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I entered the store via the retail entrance.  As I noted in a previous update, the retail entrance had black carpeting put down other than some carpeting with cuts just inside the outer doors.  At first I thought that it was down temporarily as the new floor was being constructed, but it turns out that the carpeting is there to stay.  The same thing will soon happen with the grocery entrance I'm assuming.  I also still think the walls need a final coat of paint before the welcome to your Alpine meijer sign goes up above the inner doors.  Walls look like they either received one coat of paint or a coat of primer in both entrances.

So the carpet also extends inside the actual store at the retail entrance as well.

In a previous update, I mentioned that the restrooms on the mezzanine floor have reopened.  I went up today to take a look at the restrooms and they look really nice.  See pictures below.

The walls along the front promenade as well as the walls up on the mezzanine have had trim removed and are in the process of having work done.  The ice machine next to the elevator was pulled out as wall work was taking place behind it.

The wall above all the departments such as customer service and where great clips is located has been painted white and appears to be the final coat of white.  New signage should be going up soon.

Moving down the east/west actionway on the retail end of the store, past the floral department where books used to be has been cleared out completely, but people can still walk through the area.    Not sure of what's going there yet.  (See picture below)

Moving more west, there's shelves of some general merchandise but they are all cramped there.  I'm assuming they are only temporary there.

Where vacuum cleaners and some cleaning supplies used to be, the area has had new flooring put down and will be home to the new jewelry department.  (Although I think the jewelry department maybe slightly east of where vacuum cleaners used to be).  Shelving is just starting to go in and the area only about 5% stocked. (see picture below)

Moving further east where candles used to be, in a previous update, I had mentioned that the area was cleared out, in another update, I mentioned that a new fake wooden tile floor went down and was temporarily holding some clothing racks.  That area located on the right side and corner of the east/west actionway and the north/south actionway is now home to the new shoe department and I will say that it is about 85-90% stocked.  That area will also be home to the new mini skechers store featured in all meijer remodels regardless of the level of meijer remodel. (see picture below)

Heading to the electronics department.  The electronics department will stay in it's current location.  A new photo counter has been installed which is a nice dark brown counter.  I also mentioned that where the books are located might be a temporary spot for them.  It turns out that is the new permanent spot for books and magazines.  Books and magazines are where the video games used to be at.  As for video games, I'm not sure where they are now or where they will be located to if Meijer still continues to sell them.

The old shoe department has been mostly cleared of stock.  Only some shelving and the carpet remain.  Carpeting will soon be ripped out and new tile of some sort will be installed there, I'm assuming that is this week's project.  It could be home to more clothing, but not 100% sure yet. (see picture below)

Most of the walls in the retail section have received the white coat of paint below the brown which is up high, but they still need some touch up work.  The wall above the books in the electronics department which was all brown in a previous update has received some white paint but still needs touch up work.

I think the departments on the sides of the building such as seasonal, toys, school/office, sporting goods, automotive, do it yourself, paint, pets, etc... will stay in their places, but possibly receive some updates.  Things such as new shelving and things moved around a little is all I anticipate to happen.  New signs of course too.

In my previous update, I mentioned that most of the lights in the grocery section were replaced with new lighting in pictures above.  The rest of the old lighting that was still up during my last visit has now been replaced with the new lighting you see in the entire grocery section.

All in all, things are messy in spots, but starting to take shape in others.  Now for some pictures.  The picture showing the white walls with some yellow was taken in the HBA department.  It obviously needs more paint before signage goes up.

Also, taking pictures is very hard as every time I take pictures, I'm risking getting kicked out of the store.  I'll try to take pictures whenever possible.

Mezz Restroom.jpg

Mezz Restroom1.jpg

Mezz Restroom2.jpg

Mezz Restroom3.jpg

Former Books Section.jpg

New Jewelery Section.jpg

New Shoe Department.jpg

Old Shoe Department.jpg

White Paint Color.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

Alpine Meijer Remodeling Update as of September 17, 2017:

As I entered the store via the grocery entrance, there was a sign on the door as well as the doors of the restrooms stating that the restrooms would be closing for their makeover on Monday, September 18, 2017.  This means that if anyone needs to use the restrooms while at Meijer, they will need to take the south stairwell up to the mezzanine floor or take the elevator up to the mezzanine floor.  The elevator is located directly south of the south stairwell near the retail entrance.

As I walk down the front promenade, more wall painting/trim work is taking place.  The walls above both entrances that would hold the Thank you for shopping at Meijer signs have been fully painted white.  Where the ice maker is, it looks like it's wall has been painted, but is still awaiting trim work.  Also the walls on the mezzanine floor have yet to receive their paint and trim work.

Moving south of the retail entrance.  Looking up, the walls from the HBA section going all the way to above the dairy coolers in the grocery section have been fully painted.  The very top edge is brown, a big section below is white, and the section below it is an off white color.  I'm not sure of the exact color name.  Even though the walls were painted, baseboards and other trim work have yet to be done.

Moving to the floral department.  It looks like it's about ready to receive a makeover.  Shelving is in the process of being cleared and the department should receive new flooring and other upgrades.  Whether floral will remain where it is or move somewhere else is yet to be determined.  Moving westward, where the big open space was last week has received the new fake wooden floor type of tiling and will now be home to the clothing section.  If memory serves correct, it's women's clothing in that spot.  Also, new fitting rooms have been built around that area and the old fitting rooms that were in the center of the store have been demolished and in it's place looks to be empty shelves.  However, the old shelving that held books was still there.   It was located just on the west side of the floral department.

Heading further west.  The new Jewelry department is slowly taking shape.  It's about 50% stocked at least.  But it appears to be that it's going to be much smaller than the old jewelry department.

Heading further west, the shoe department is still roughly 90% stocked.

Heading into the electronics department.  The wall above books is now painted the colors mentioned above.  The brown that you will see in a few posts before this one must have been a mistake.  It's stock level is at about 95%.  Things were moved around for sure.  The video game display cases will not be returning.

Heading to the center of the store.  As I mentioned above, the old fitting rooms have been demolished since new fitting rooms were built a bit southward.  Where the former shoe department used to be, it's carpet has been ripped out and currently has bare concrete on the surface.  Sitting on top of the bare concrete is the Home Decor section holding many of the items.  I really do not know right now what will occur with that section of the store at this point or the other parts in the center section at this point.

Many items still sit in the center section at the back concourse.

The bottle return room is receiving a makeover.  The walls have been stripped and a green material is on them.  The sinks have been removed from the room, the ceiling was stripped of tiles and the walls were stripped down to the studs.   However the bottle room is still open.  It will feature the type of tile that the bakery department received, but it's color should be beige.

The bakery department has received a new red tile wall which looks like bricks, but they are not bricks.

That's about all I've got, now here are some pictures.

Empty Shelves In Clothing Section.jpg

Home Decor In Former Shoe Department.jpg

Home Decor In Former Shoe Department1.jpg

Home Decor In Former Shoe Department2.jpg

New Red Walls In Bakery.jpg

New Women's Department Behind Jewelry.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

I wasn't actually at the store yesterday, but I have heard that construction is now taking place at the checkout lane area.  From what I am told, more express lanes are being added with 12 items or fewer, there will still be 20 items or fewer lanes, but I heard that eventually, the number of full size checkout lanes will be reduced dramatically.  If anyone happens to go to the Alpine store in the new few days, can they try to confirm this?  I may not be back there until Friday possibly.

• 2 weeks later...

Alpine Meijer Updates As of October 1, 2017:

Now before I begin, I didn't have a lot of time to be at the store so I'm sure many more things have taken place that I maybe forgot to report.  With that being said, here we go with the updates.

Beginning outside:  All of the the lot lighting has been replaced with LED lights.  They are white LED fixtures.  Underneath the awning, all of the lighting has been replaced with LED lighting.  Also, the meijer sign at the street currently holds a temporary meijer sign.

Heading inside via the grocery entrance.  The grocery entrance has received the carpet that the retail entranced received a few weeks ago.  Also the restrooms in the grocery entrance have been renovated.  They look pretty much the same as the restrooms nn the mezzanine floor.  Also the walls in the grocery entrance have been painted a whitish/very light blue color.  The walls are now awaiting the Welcome to your Alpine Meijer signs above the inner grocery entrance doors inside the grocery entry.  Also the cart storage room has received the same color of paint on it's walls.

Heading fully inside to the checkout lane area.  All of the lane number signs have been changed out to the new style of numbers which are the blue numbers.  The first six self-serve checkout lanes are now 12 items or less only.  There is another set of six self serve check out lanes which are lanes 7-12 right next next to the first six lanes.  Those too are also 12 items or less only.  It it rumored that eventually more self serve checkout lanes will be added and that there will only be very few full size self checkout lanes.  With the 6 new checkout lanes added, this brings the total number of checkout lanes to 36. (used to be 32 lanes).  Also, the two fluorescent light fixtures by lanes 5 and 6 have finally been replaced with the new lights.  However, the light further down which I'm not sure of what lane number it is now is still very dim.  It also appears the the conveyor belt stands have been replaced as well.  Also since the checkout lane area has received upgrades, the convenience center that would feature cigarettes and other tobacco items has been removed and it's very likely that they are no longer being sold in the store at all.  You can still buy those items at the Meijer gas station as far as I know.

Looking up on the mezzanine floor.  It looks like the fluorescent light fixtures over the south stairway have been replaced with the new fixtures that are up there.  I did not go up there during my visit today, so I'm not sure if wall work is completed or not.

Heading to the retail section, one will notice some new graphics up on the walls throughout the retail section.  These graphics are pictures that reflect their respective departments.  For example, the HBA section has pictures of medicine bottles, thermometer, etc..., sporting goods has pictures of balls and stuff and so on and so forth.

Many aisles in the seasonal department were being cleared of stock, but I'm pretty certain that stock for the season is being changed out.

The center section of the store:  This is the section of the store that is currently under major remodel at this time.  Beginning at the southeast corner at the east/west actionway.  Greeting cards have been moved over to the former kids department.  The former kids department has received the new wood flooring title that you will see throughout most of the center section now and that section is now home to cards and party items.  Moving west down the actionway, the floral department has moved to the northeast area boarding the south side of the grocery section east/west action way.  The department has received gray flooring.  It is in the process of slowly being stocked.  However, one will notice that the floral sign is still hanging at the old floral department.  This could confuse some people.  So where cards and party gifts as well as the floral section used to be, it's now home to the women's clothing area.  Further west of where the former floral department was, it's all women's clothing and other stuff I covered in previous updates.  I can now say that construction appears to be about 90% finished on the border of the east/west action way in the retail section.

Heading over to the bottle return room.  The bottle return room has received the new tile that is in the restrooms, but it's the same color as the tile in the restrooms.  And there are new ceiling tiles and lighting in the room.  There is now only one sink in the bottle return room for washing hands.  The room was very stinky though.

Heading to the grocery section.  The walls from above the dairy section going all the way to the delicious to go department (if it's still called that) received primer most likely and maybe paint, but I wouldn't know since I wasn't at the store for a couple of weeks.  And then they received what looks to be like a wood paneling type of wall paper which also features decals of their respective departments.  The dairy department is the only department to receive it's new sign that says Dairy.  The meat and seafood sections as well as the bakery, and deli departments also received their new signs on awnings.  They all say since 1934 but all say something a little different.  Also, all of the aisle signs have been changed out the the dark blue style signs.  The signs only have three rows stating what's down that aisle.  There will still be 18 aisles as well.

So bordering the south side of the east/west grocery action way, it starts with the new floral department, heading west of that is where stock was cleared out of and is currently holding various items I am going to predict that it will be home to the new baby section, heading further west, that section of the store was cleared out and is awaiting new flooring work, it is where the home department will begin which will go from about 1/2 way down the east/west action way on the grocery side and go all the way around to the edge of the north/south action way in the back leading up to the shoe department.  The area that used to hold the shoe department currently holding home items still has not received new flooring.  Over the next few weeks, everything from about where the new baby section will be located going west and more into the center that doesn't have any tile on the floor will be the focal construction zone.  I am prediction that they have maybe 3-4 weeks of work to in the parts that have not already been remodeled in the center section of the store.

So now the remodel is at a point to where I can safely make my predictions on what the center section of the store is going to look like.  I know I've mentioned this a little bit above, but here is my full prediction.

Beginning at the northeast side of the east/west grocery action way, that department will be floral, moving southward, it will be cards and party gift items, moving west of that will be the kids clothing department which will go a bit back, moving west of that will be the men's department which too also goes a bit back into the center portion, and then the women's department will be to the left of that and boarder the east/west action way on the retail side.  That department will be larger than the rest of the departments.  Behind the women's department on the right of the east/west action way will be the new jewelry department which to me is going to be much smaller than the old jewelry department.  There won't even be a display case of different types of jewelry.  West of that will be the shoe department which will feature the skechers mini store.  The skechers mini store is waiting for it's TV monitor.  Going down the north/south rear action way, north of the shoe department will begin the home department of various home items and it will boarder the clothing departments in the center.  It will continue north of there to the grocery actionway and head a bit east of that until it boarders the baby department.  The baby department will then boarder the floral department.

Did you all notice that I left a department out?  That's right.  There will no longer be a furniture department in the store.  Don't know why Meijer has decided to remove the furniture department from it's stores.

All in all, the store is really beginning to take shape.  I would estimate that the remodel has about another month to a month and a half until it's fully completed.  The departments on the sides of the store are pretty much going to stay where they are.  Some might get or have already received upgrades such as new shelving and counters.

Floral Sign In Wrong Place.jpg

Instructions For New Decals.jpg

New Carpet In Entrances.jpg

New Department Decals.jpg

New Department Decals1.jpg

New LED Pole Lighting.jpg

New Grocery Aisle Signs.jpg

New Restroom Hallway.jpg

Edited by pcdoctor

Alpine Meijer Updates As of October 5, 2017:

Beginning where the old floral department used to be.  The floral sign is still hanging there even though the floral department is no longer in that space anymore.

The back of the home section just north of the shoe department had received new flooring and was in the midst of being stocked.  Further north of that, there was a sectioned off area that had just received new flooring either overnight or earlier today and shelving was being moved into place.  The reason I could tell that the flooring was just installed was from how awful of a smell there is back by the rear actionway.

Moving to the north side of the store at the south grocery actionway which heads east/west.  The new floral department is taking shape and is about 95% stocked.  East of that, the new baby department is taking shape.  Heading further east of that is currently holding items from the home department which will be the home department, but I still believe it has yet to receive it's new flooring.  Still has the old flooring from the old baby section that was there.  The area that has shelves that has the concrete floor still has concrete floor, but as the east side of the home section receives it's remodel with new flooring, shelves, stock, etc.. I anticipate that items in the area with bare concrete will move to their new homes very soon so that eventually the area with concrete will receive new flooring.

In the grocery section, the meat cooler up against the north wall has received new decals as have some other areas of the grocery section.

That's all I noticed as of right now.  No pictures today though.