Here are some recent photos:

(Taken 5/16) This is the new general merchandise entrance. Note, it was built further north than the previous entrance, as you can see where the former shelving of the HBC department was located.

iENqTTQ.jpg

(Taken 5/16) This is the exterior of the grocery entrance. Again, it was built slightly to the north of the previous entrance.

27RQyXm.jpg

(Taken 5/20) This is where the dairy used to be. It has been relocated to the rear of the store, where the meat counter was previously.

3mrCW64.jpg

Looking at the picture of the retail entrance, it looks like that entrance could be open within the next few days or so if it's not already open.  I however don't like the fact that it's not a super high ceiling when I compare it to how high the roof is.  Looking at the space to the south of the new retail entrance, Is that going to be the customer service desk when done?  Nice to see it coming along even though there's still a ton of work that needs to be done.

It does look like that'll be the customer service area. They moved the Coinstar and Redbox machines in there. The retail entrance is further along now, obviously. I suppose it could open this week or next. The grocery entrance looks to be a couple weeks behind.

So there's the main cart storage area and then the secondary cart storage area for carts that have baby seats and those other type of seats?  I'm now wondering if the grocery entrance is going to be built in a similar matter where the cart storage areas are in the vestibule itself like they are in the new retail entry?

Fun post from the SVP of retail operations at Meijer. I didn't realize they would wait to choose the color to paint the brick until this point.

Screenshot_20190601-063923.png

The grocery entrance opened late last week:

xtHZGAC.jpg

And the cart storage:

NUOzhz7.jpg

They are now working on the exterior where the temporary entrance was. Also, the grocery department is nearly finished. Looking pretty nice.

Wow looking nice.  Thank you for all those pictures.  If I read that right, there are going to be 26 grocery Aisles?  How can they fit that many Aisles in?  Also, did frozen foods move or are they still in the same spot?  What used to be where the dairy cases were that held milk?  And finally, did they build restrooms in the front of the store and if so, where are they located?

Edited by pcdoctor

The reason there are so many grocery aisles is that the aisles are split in half, kind of like Knapps corner. The frozen foods are generally in the same area, although slightly moved towards the east just a little bit. Where the dairy is now used to be backstage. It's roughly where the meat counter and the lunch meat were. They have not opened a restroom at the front of the store, although I wouldn't be surprised if they're still going to work on that. They're building the new nail salon.

Any new updates from the Clyde Park Meijer?  I know they gotta be getting close to being done with that store since the grand reopening ceremony is sometime near the end of the month.

Also are the bakery and deli signs illuminated in neon lighting?

Edited by pcdoctor

Wow! The Clyde Park store is really coming out really nice.  The interior seems like it will look every bit as good as the Knapp Corner store.

So yesterday I had the chance to make a visit to the Plainfield Meijer store.  I had not been in the new store since it had been built.  I will have to say that it looked pretty similar to the Alpine store for the most part except for a few things such as the fact that frozen foods are up in the front of the store, and the area where bikes are store, the store is pushed out a bit towards the southwest direction.  I found it to be odd but interesting, and the other thing I noticed too is that the Subway in that store is still open.  It still has the Rockwell prototype that is slowly being phased away from it's stores.  Not sure of when that location will be getting remodeled.  It is also on a smaller side too.  It's only a 192,000 sq ft store.

52 minutes ago, pcdoctor said:

It is also on a smaller side too.  It's only a 192,000 sq ft store.

The new prototype that Meijer is using going forward is only 150,000 square feet. Hudsonville, and all 5 stores opened this year are that size. 

16 hours ago, pcdoctor said:

At 150,000 sq ft, are they not stocking as many items?

From my experience, grocery was the same size but softlines and general merchandise shrunk down somewhat. It's all laid out a little differently but it seems to be more efficient  overall. I assume that the back rooms are smaller in the newer stores too.