Opus Corp eyeing Tony G's Property int the Gulch

smeagolsfree

According to Richard Lawson and the City Paper a company out of MN is eyeing Tony's property in the Gulch and may close on it by the end of the year. There was a lotof interest in the two parking lots owned by the Tennessean as well. Griffin Plaza is looking for a 2/08 start according to an article from William Williams as well.

Here is a link to Opus Corp.

http://www.opuscorp.com/

Opus Fast Facts:

Opus currently has 2,375 projects completed and 34 million square feet in planning or under development.

The first of the Opus companies began in 1953, as a general contractor in Minnesota.

Through its five regional operating centers, Opus provides a full range of integrated services across the United States that include:

Real Estate Development

Architecture & Engineering

Construction/Project Management

Property Management

Financial Services

This company is not small time and have an extensive track record for completed projects.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are definitely not small time. BIG TIME, actually! Assuming they are able to complete the purchaser, it's reasonable to assume another Gulch project will be rising in future with the Opus name on it. Here's some of there larger projects:

Office building in Minneapolis

c_off_ext_americ_o_01.jpg

27 Story Condo project in Minneapolis

c_mul_ext_grantp_o_01.jpg

Condo project in Denver

c_mul_ext_pincpk_o_01.jpg

There's the possibility that Crosland beat them out for the property so we'll see.

They are definitely not small time. BIG TIME, actually! Assuming they are able to complete the purchaser, it's reasonable to assume another Gulch project will be rising in future with the Opus name on it. Here's some of there larger projects:

I was wondering if anyone has bothered to look at their past projects but me. I did post this on Charrette and of course the Not in My city group started talking about how crappy all of thier projects look. I have a different audience here. I do hope they get some of the property in the Gulch because one company does not need to do all the development. We need some diversity and some fresh development blood in Nashville right now. I think it is a great sign that even with an economic downturn forecast and the housing market crapping out, developers are looking here for opportunities.

^ I agree. I think any continuing development news like this is a good sign for Nashville during this economic forecast. Besides, those buildings look pretty good to me. I would love to see a project like this get underway.

Dude, Producer2, I feel so bad for you over there!! You're like a punching bag, I was just afraid you were going to leave....don't thoough...IMO you add a lot. I think these guys would be good partners to have in the Gulch b/c they probably have the connections to get the capital to build them so then they aren't hung up waiting on financing (i.e. WES, ST, Ballpark, et al)

Archived