Welcome

monsoon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did Manchester go?

We decided to roll Manchester into the 'Northern New England States' subforum. We've had people pop in from time to time from Maine and Vermont and wanted to give them a place in addition to New Hampshire. None of the cities in Northern New England can really drive a forum on their own, but together their is plenty of urbanity going on up there.

Also, it should be noted that the Hartford, Boston, and Providence subforums are a place to discuss urbanity within their entire states, not just the city or metro proper.

On the topic of a tag line for Hartford... I don't really know. Connecticut is the Nutmeg State isn't it? :P

• 8 months later...

Help me out guys.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hartford's new motto is "New England's Rising Star", but quite honestly, I think that sounds incredibly lame. Maybe something like "Rising out of the ashes", or "Back from the dead", lol. ;)

I'll think of something...

I thought "America's Filing Cabinet" was the usual name for Hartford.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you Mr. Shaughnessy... :rolleyes::D

I believe he (Dan Shaughnessy) came up with the phrase in a piece some years back in the Boston Globe.

• 3 months later...

"Hartford's Rising Star" is the slogan that the Greater Hartford Convention and Visitors Bureau came up with a few years ago.

A suggestion: "The New Hartford"

"The Next Big New England City"

"A new metropolis"

"Insurance Capital of the World" is in some ways valid in other ways not as that is a very touch subject currently in Hartford. Connecticut Mutual was bought by MassMutual and thus no longer really exists. Travelers is now St. Paul Travelers and another part of Travelers would like to be bought by Metlife but city and state leaders are worried about future job potenital. Hartford Stem Boiler, The Hartford, AETNA, and ING are still big players in Hartford.

"Hartford's Rising Star" is the slogan that the Greater Hartford Convention and Visitors Bureau came up with a few years ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've finally added a description for Hartford.

• 1 month later...

Hartford Off-Topic Section?

I've made Off-Topic discussion threads for each section in New England, except for Hartford. I need a catchy name for it, and an image to go with it. These are the ones we have:

Boston {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Littlest Bar

Providence {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} PVD Lounge

Northern New England {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} N.NE Lodge

What should Hartford's off-topic section be called?

Archived