Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deric_C6

Who lives in these places?

Deric_C6    0

I was wondering how all yous people live? From most of the census I seen average people around here make about $40k a year. I was looking around the Lake Eola area and most 1 & 2 bedroom condos were 300K and up to around 600K for a normal 2 bedroom 1000-1200 sq/ft, plus i know the HOA fees are probably 300-500 a month, and according to the Real Estate Taxes Thread

people are paying 5, 6, and $7,000 a year in property tax.

I don't want to think I am poor because between me and my old lady we make over 6 figures and having a cool place downtown (which I want) for 300k is pushing it to the limit.

FLheat    69

One thing to keep in mind and I justified when I moved from a house 5 years ago, are the items included in your association fee. I saved $100 a month on pool maintenance, another $100 on yard maintenance, home owner's insurance was substantially higher, electric/cooling runs less than half of a home and my new place includes cable and internet. That more than makes up the association fee difference.

pip    0
The Waverly association fee is kind of high. For a two bedroom it will be around $450 a month and does not include cable or water.