Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deric_C6

Who lives in these places?

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering how all yous people live? From most of the census I seen average people around here make about $40k a year. I was looking around the Lake Eola area and most 1 & 2 bedroom condos were 300K and up to around 600K for a normal 2 bedroom 1000-1200 sq/ft, plus i know the HOA fees are probably 300-500 a month, and according to the Real Estate Taxes Thread

people are paying 5, 6, and $7,000 a year in property tax.

I don't want to think I am poor because between me and my old lady we make over 6 figures and having a cool place downtown (which I want) for 300k is pushing it to the limit.

One thing to keep in mind and I justified when I moved from a house 5 years ago, are the items included in your association fee. I saved $100 a month on pool maintenance, another $100 on yard maintenance, home owner's insurance was substantially higher, electric/cooling runs less than half of a home and my new place includes cable and internet. That more than makes up the association fee difference.

Assuming that you have no other major debt to pay off, you and your wife should be able to live comfortablely downtown with that income.

yeah, i pay $150 now for my HOA, but included in that is FTTP service including phone, "cable", and internet from Connexcion Technologies

I know I could swing it, but I just think it would be tight. The Waverly looks nice and the cheapest 2 bed i seen there was 300K.

yeah, i pay $150 now for my HOA, but included in that is FTTP service including phone, "cable", and internet from Connexcion Technologies

I know I could swing it, but I just think it would be tight. The Waverly looks nice and the cheapest 2 bed i seen there was 300K.

The Waverly association fee is kind of high. For a two bedroom it will be around $450 a month and does not include cable or water.