Leadership in Columbus

mitchella81

2007 was a crazy year for the city of Columbus. There have been alot of things building that have put a greater level of distrust in those that we elect to represent us and protect us. This forum is setup to voice how you feel about our leadership and the job they are doing.

Not so Bright events in recent years involving leadership

-Mayor Jim Weatherington has no vision at all for future developments and growth in Columbus.

-(2003/2004) The handling of the Kenneth Walker Shooting why did stories keep changing? And so long for details to come out?

-Counciler Allens son. Son of City Counciler hired by the Fire Department after failing a drug test by testing positive for Cocaine then wrecking a city Fire Truck and still being positive for cocaine once again. Officials covered the events up for nearly 2 years before it was discovered.

-2 Columbus Police officers arrested and indicted on Federal drug, extortion & weapons charges in 2007. One of those police officers had been previously accused of stealing from a local convience store on several occasions.

-Captain Hawk at the police department just a couple of weeks ago was cited for going over a 100mph in a 65mph zone north of Columbus. After recieving his ticket he was taped threating a judge & state trooper.

-Capt. Hawk was also accused last year with other high ranking officials at CPD of refusing to give backup to a undercover female vice officer at a South Columbus strip club whose life was in danger after she was made as a police officer.

-Crime in Columbus for 2007 was the highest it's been since the 1980's with murders at it's highest rate in more than 20 years and armed robberies up also. During summer months when 2-3 murders were happening a week mayor Weatherington decided to step up patrols for speeding & DUI drivers rather than supply manpower to the most dangerous areas of the city.

This is just some of the problems that our city experienced this past year there are many others, but I was just wondering how does everyone else feel about the leadership in Columbus?

I personally am not a big fan of Mayor Weatherington in the year that he's been in office I've seen him do absolutley nothing compared to previous mayors he does nothing to try to lure new business into the city and create jobs. As a former police chief his primary concerns is funding for our corrupt police department which has not been doing their jobs at all this year that why volient crime is up so much in the city. Even as of right now he wants to add another one percent sales tax in order to hire 100-150 more police officers.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think leadership in Columbus is very strong, especially in the private sector. I don't like the new mayor though. Columbus will continue to push forward just like it always has. Good leadership is the reason that Columbus is ahead of the other 2nd tier cities when it comes to investment in new projects.

I still think leadership in Columbus is very strong, especially in the private sector. I don't like the new mayor though. Columbus will continue to push forward just like it always has. Good leadership is the reason that Columbus is ahead of the other 2nd tier cities when it comes to investment in new projects.

Archived