New Kent Village Development

mrwilliamsburg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're very much welcomed here and so is a New Kent post. New Kent is still a part of the Richmond metro and I am amazed with the growth going on out there. New Kent's also another reason I'd been so upset with Henrico's overdeveloping its west end with tons of retail while people in New kent have quite a drive if they want to shop at some of those places and not developing something closer in the east. I guess things are changing.

I do like New Kent County. One day I drove almost to the area you've linked. I turned back since it was getting dark and the deer were coming out. "New Rualism" ;) Henrico should take note.

I like the English look. I passed along there on the way to West Point in October but don't recall construction activity. Is it underway?

They are in the process of renovating the farmhouse that fronts on Rt 249. That is to be a restaurant. He has multiple offers from two Richmond area restaurants and one Gloucester one to run it. They should be breaking ground soon on the first part. The hope was to have a finished model home by the early part of spring. I have to say I was amazed at the amount of thought/work and planning that has gone into his project. He went with the architectural group ( Hopke and Associates in Williamsburg Virginia ) Hopke and Associates to Europe to study villages so that they could fully understand what he wanted to do. He is hoping to have electric cars parked around the community for residents to use within the area.

If you love roundabouts, you should visit New England, particularly the Boston suburbs. They are very common traffic control devices up there and mix quite well with the aggressive New England drivers who are notorious red light runners. The problem in Richmond is that they stick a statue in the middle of the road and call it a roundabout, even though it is nothing of the sort.

If you click on MrWmsbg's highlighted Farms of New Kent site above, go to the next page (Liberty Properties Corp), then click Mixed Use Development, you'll see some stunning pictures of residential development in Washington.

Cam's friend, Mr. Ross, should hire on Liberty to re-style his Echo Harbour project. The Georgetown design would fit in beautifully with Tobacco Row and Rocketts landing and not mar, in a major way, views from Libby Hill.

Back to topic: The winery, if I am correct, fronts on what is known as Rochambeau Road near its junction with Rte. 249. Rochambeau, though difficult to follow, is a delightfully scenic and historic route from the winery northwest to a junction with US 301 near Hanover Court House.

I think some very "inside" developers must know a helluva lot more than any of us about potential growth in the Fredericksburg/Richmond/Williamsburg crescent. If all the proposals successfully materialize, Metro Richmond will grow by leaps and bounds in a short span of time. New Kent alone will practically double in population.

MrWmsbg, thanks for sharing all of this New Kent/Williamsburg/Richmond development information.

If you click on MrWmsbg's highlighted Farms of New Kent site above, go to the next page (Liberty Properties Corp), then click Mixed Use Development, you'll see some stunning pictures of residential development in Washington.

Cam's friend, Mr. Ross, should hire on Liberty to re-style his Echo Harbour project. The Georgetown design would fit in beautifully with Tobacco Row and Rocketts landing and not mar, in a major way, views from Libby Hill.

Back to topic: The winery, if I am correct, fronts on what is known as Rochambeau Road near its junction with Rte. 249. Rochambeau, though difficult to follow, is a delightfully scenic and historic route from the winery northwest to a junction with US 301 near Hanover Court House.

I think some very "inside" developers must know a helluva lot more than any of us about potential growth in the Fredericksburg/Richmond/Williamsburg crescent. If all the proposals successfully materialize, Metro Richmond will grow by leaps and bounds in a short span of time. New Kent alone will practically double in population.

MrWmsbg, thanks for sharing all of this New Kent/Williamsburg/Richmond development information.

Archived