Vanderbilt University Construction Projects

111wall

It seems that all parts of Vanderbilt University are continually active with all sorts of new construction projects, additions, renovations, etc.

I have read that many things are underway and planned, especially at VU Medical Center.

Since Vanderbilt is so central to Nashville's economy, and among the largest employers in TN, might it be possible to summarize and track the various constuction projects taking place across the campus and Medical Center?

I apologize in advance if this is being covered elsewhere.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to Vandy Construction.

http://www.cpc.vanderbilt.edu/CPC/Projects/List.htm

I dont think it is up to date as I know they have announced an addition to the Children's Hospital due to poss. start at the end of this year. They are also very mum about a new Women's Hosp. There are some other projects coming from what I have heard but no news releases as of yet.

Here is a link to Vandy Construction.

http://www.cpc.vanderbilt.edu/CPC/Projects/List.htm

I dont think it is up to date as I know they have announced an addition to the Children's Hospital due to poss. start at the end of this year. They are also very mum about a new Women's Hosp. There are some other projects coming from what I have heard but no news releases as of yet.

• 6 months later...

Here is a shot of the new patient tower at Vandy. Most of you guys probably didn't even know about this one. It is an 11 story addition to match surrounding buildings.

DSC_0031-1.jpg

Still waiting on the 8 story Children's Hospital addition to start in December and a new Women's hospital to start who knows when. The Women's Hospital is one that Vandy is keeping mum about about, but I have heard the rumor from multiple people that work at Vandy.

• 2 months later...

vandy is a world class medical center that continues to grow and expand, and will for some time. lots of money, means lots of patients from all over the world for world class procedures means more expansion and development for the area. and it spurs growth in other areas too... condos, retail, office.... etc..

Wow, Vanderbilt's growth is amazing. It is like a city within a city within a city (Nashville-Midtown/West End-Vanderbilt). It is buying the land for the Children's Hospital expansion where the KFC is and another piece where Mapco is.

Vanderbilt Hospital buys land for expansion

edit: Rendering also

VanderbiltChildrensHospitalExpansio.jpg

• 3 months later...

The Chancellor's letter from yesterday says:

All major construction projects that were not too far along to stop have been put on hold for the next two years. Modest capital projects and repairs that are necessary for safety and the maintenance of current facilities will continue.

• 1 month later...

Apparently... the new Children's Way parking garage was already "too far along to stop." Or maybe things are looking up again..

http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2009/3/2...l_27_march_2009

The $23 million Children's Way Garage will soon begin rising at Vanderbilt University. R.C. Mathews Contractor pulled permits recently for the structure, which will feature 11 levels of parking, eight of them underground. The garage is set to open in September of 2010.

Archived