The Urban Planet - GR Road Race Challenge

GRDadof3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just started up running again after a long long break. I am probably going to do the 5/3 Riverbank Run as my first 5k.

I just wanted to let the new runners on this board who have an iPod about the great running podcast I found on iTunes. Under podcasts search for "Podcasts for running". It is the training guide for the couch to 5k program. It is great to follow so you don't over do it and burn yourself out. It has upbeat music and lets you know when to increase your speed, walk, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else have their training thrown off by the different bugs going around? I've been down since Wednesday - think I might have bronchitis. I'm hoping to get into see my doc tomorrow. I hope I can get back on track before the Jig though! Do your best to stay healthy and keep running!

*fish

Anyone else have their training thrown off by the different bugs going around? I've been down since Wednesday - think I might have bronchitis. I'm hoping to get into see my doc tomorrow. I hope I can get back on track before the Jig though! Do your best to stay healthy and keep running!

*fish

• 2 weeks later...

Less than 3 weeks left to train for the Irish Jig! Hope everyones training is going well. I just finished a 3 mile run in what felt like some balmy 44 degree weather. Roads are relatively dry but the path along Reeds Lake is a slushy mess. I saw about 10 other runners during my run, not to mention a few walkers and bikers.

Also, re: Irish Jig.... I just read that there are 2 start times this year: 9:00 for the men and 30 minutes later at 9:30 for the women. I guess the city of EGR limits the race to 3000 people and to meet the demand of this run which has grown to more than 3000 and to eliminate bottlenecks during the race, they're going with 2 start times this year. Hopefully with the increased number they'll have enough pints available for everyone at the end of the race! :alc:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived