Charlotte Soccer Fans

cooperdawg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I went to Courtyard Hooligans last night for the USA vs. Czech Republic game and, while the result of the game was disappointing, I had a ton of fun. The atmosphere was great inside and outside of the bar, and the fan club that was in attendance there really livened things up. Heck, I may even end up joining. That place was packed, and I honestly don't think they could get any more people inside. It should be interesting to see how it handles the World Cup. My only complaint is that for that size of a crowd it needs to be a bit larger, and there was only one bartender working, which made things slow. Still, it was a great time.

I went to Courtyard Hooligans last night for the USA vs. Czech Republic game and, while the result of the game was disappointing, I had a ton of fun. The atmosphere was great inside and outside of the bar, and the fan club that was in attendance there really livened things up. Heck, I may even end up joining. That place was packed, and I honestly don't think they could get any more people inside. It should be interesting to see how it handles the World Cup. My only complaint is that for that size of a crowd it needs to be a bit larger, and there was only one bartender working, which made things slow. Still, it was a great time.

^ I didn't hear anything about them showing the games outdoors, but I agree it would be a great idea. It was super crowded in there, and I'm sure it will be even more packed during actual world cup games. Drinking outdoors is always pleasant too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to watch the USA's match against England on Saturday at Icehouse in Southend. The place was PACKED with soccer (or futbol) fans. From what I heard pretty much any sports bar in the Charlotte area was jammed with people watching the game. Also, the first sets of matches on Friday did very well at local establishments too. I'm sure local businesses are loving this event.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived