Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tamias6

Six Packs at Six Flags

4 posts in this topic

According to this Article....

Plan to sell booze at Six Flags faces bumpy ride

...Six Flags is applying for a liquor license so it can start selling Alcoholic Beverages at Six Flags over Texas and Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. Now Most amusement parks all over the country including Disney theme parks sells alcohol to its patrons. However, about 60 locals have filed protests to the state of Texas to try curbing Six Flag's plans. Personally I've been to Six Flags Great America about 40 or so miles north of Chicago and to Ceder Point outside of Sandusky Ohio. I believe both parks sell alcohol. But my family and I never encountered any problems of some drunk giving us grief. But still with families attending amusement parks, is it okey for amusement parks to sell alcoholic beverages?

I know they are looking for additional sources of revenue, but I hope they find a way to police it. The last thing Six Flags or their patrons want is an unruly drunk on a roller coaster or some other ride. I really wish 'family oriented' businesses such as Six Flags would NOT sell alcohol.

On the face of it, the idea doesn't seem like a good one. However, Busch Gardens, has been selling alcohol for quite some time now. I'm unawarte of any significant problems at their parks. I seem to recall beer being sold at Sea World in San Diego and there is alcohol available at Universal Studios in Orlando. As for Disney, I think they do sell alcohol, but I could be wrong. Haven't been to the Mouse in many moons. Given the track record of other parks selling alcohol, I'd say it should be fine, but it's obvious that it would have to be carefully regulated.

^Busch Gardens (both locations) used to give away all the booze you could drink and until maybe 10 years ago they didn't care how drunk you got. Remember this is Busch as in Anheuser-Busch, the maker of Budwiser beer, and both parks include tours of their beer factory and complimentary drinks. I believe that in more recent years they say they limit the drinks. I never saw any problems from this so selling booze in comparison would seem to be OK to me.