Fort Worth in HDR! - Day and Night - Part 1 of 3

FortWorthology

Having done some HDR photography now, I thought I'd share some HDR shots of downtown Fort Worth, Texas. All shots are with my Canon PowerShot G9. Now, understand that I did not aim to grab people on the street, and sometimes avoided it entirely to make combining the exposures simpler, so you're not going to see a lot of street activity even though downtown Fort Worth has plenty. With that out of the way, here we go...

hdr1.jpg

Looking up at the Sanger Lofts (redevelopment of the Sanger Department Store Building).

hdr2.jpg

3rd & Houston, featuring the old City National Bank Building from 1884 in the foreground, and Paul Rudolph's City Center Towers in the background.

hdr4.jpg

The Tarrant County Courthouse from 1895 sits at the terminus of Main Street.

hdr5.jpg

Fire Station No. 1 was built in 1907, and is now a museum.

hdr6.jpg

The Palace Theater on 3rd Street, one of downtown's two movie theaters.

hdr8.jpg

At the intersection of 4th & Calhoun, looking at the Bass Performance Hall's east entrance. The brick building on the right houses part of Ferre, an Italian restaurant. Carter + Burgess Plaza can be seen rising from behind the Bass Hall.

hdr14.jpg

Bass Hall details, showing the facade and angel sculptures, both limestone.

hdr15.jpg

The Land Title Block from 1889, which now houses the Flying Saucer pub.

hdr16.jpg

The Jett Building from 1902, which now houses the studios and offices of two radio stations and a Jamba Juice.

hdr17.jpg

The Knights of Pythias Castle Hall from 1901 at 3rd & Main, now home of Haltom's Jewelers and the bar/restaurant 8.0.

hdr18.jpg

The Conn Building from 1906 on Main, which now houses a shop called Earth Bones and a travel agency.

hdr19.jpg

The Reata Restaurant at 3rd & Houston, which uses two buildings built in 1884 and 1887. The Sundance West apartment building rises in the background.

hdr20.jpg

The Fair Building (left), Oil & Gas Building (center), and Fort Worth Club Building (right) from 1930, 1954, and 1925, respectively, at 7th & Throckmorton.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always, AMAZING SHOTS of Fort Worth, Kevin!!! I've got to try my hand more at HDR. I've only attempted it a couple of times and figured it took more effort than I cared to put into it. :lol: Fortunately, my camera provides an automatic exposure/white balance bracketing, so it'll expose three shots with one press of the shutter button...that may make it mo' bettuh for me.

Nice shots! I look forward to the next 2 installments!

Archived