New hotel proposed for MidTowne Village

GRDadof3

Credit: MiBiz.com

What does everyone think about this? With the go ahead given for the North Monroe Hotel to begin construction does this come to soon? Is the large uprising of hotels in the city going to hurt developers and lose more money than it's making?

Personally, I don't currently see a large issue with another hotel, with the ammount of people expected to be coming into Grand Rapids it could very well be put to good use, I think many more after this may be a general overkill however...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we definitely need some more hotel rooms - think of all the national conventions and auto shows and what not coming in year by year - as DeVos place starts to get more popular and some pretty awesome concerts to van andel, and maybe any future performance halls or ampitheaters, hotel rooms are key.

That way when people book hotel rooms online they'll see all the great new hotels we have here.

I think that the pieces of the puzzle are just starting to form as far as getting hotel rooms - more entertainment - and hopefully soon more recognized retail into the core downtown. I'd like to look at these posts 10 years from now and say wow - look where we were at.

Archived