Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSP Tiger

[Powerdersville] New high school a possibility?

4 posts in this topic

Anderson Independent-Mail: Anderson School District 1 mulls vote on growth issues (2007-11-14)

The Greenville News: School options being weighed for Powdersville (2008-01-06)

Continued growth in Powdersville and northeastern Anderson County and overcrowding at Wren High School is prompting Anderson District 1 schools to consider several options: a freshman academy, expansion of Wren High School, or a new high school in Powdersville.

Powdersville has never had a high school to my knowledge. A new school for them would help relieve Wren of their issues and give the area a central school that the community identifies with.

It seems to me that a new school would be in the best interest of the district considering the amount of growth that Powdersville is experiencing. A freshman academy is a very short term solution, unless your growth is stagnant.

It seems to me that a new school would be in the best interest of the district considering the amount of growth that Powdersville is experiencing. A freshman academy is a very short term solution, unless your growth is stagnant.