1808 West End being converted to a hotel

smeagolsfree

I have posted this a couple of different places, but we may need a separate thread on it. The 1808 West End Ave building is the large 15 story blue and white building on the right just before 19th going toward 440. I think they may build a parking structure in the rear of the building as well. As far as the name brand of the hotel, I am clueless.

This is the company that bought it back in the spring.

http://www.amerimar.com/overview.asp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically, this building was once publically referred to as the 'Beruit Hilton' by some of it's past occupants. It apparently was so run down that it evoked imagery (exagerated somewhat) to the bombed out high rise in Beruit, Lebanon during the Lebanese civil war in the late 80's.

Just noticed this in a December permit listing from the Tennessean. Hutton Hotel?

Commercial demolition. Value: $1 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to conduct interior and exterior demolition to the 15-story building at 1808 West End Ave. for a Hutton Hotel.

The only thing I can find is this:::

Hutton Hotel

Hutton hotel is a new upscale hotel located in the heart of Nashville Tennessee. thier relaxed yet elegant atmosphere is custom tailored to fit their guests wants and need

This was from a company that designed the logo. Evidently this is a local person doing this. I hope they have some experience. Other than this I have not been able to find squat. I am sure someone has a business plan on file with a business license somewhere.

Just noticed this in a December permit listing from the Tennessean. Hutton Hotel?
Commercial demolition. Value: $1 million. Ray Bell Construction Co. Inc. took out a permit to conduct interior and exterior demolition to the 15-story building at 1808 West End Ave. for a Hutton Hotel.

Richard, do you know how much Amerimar plans to invest in this property, including the garage? Is the garage going to go up where that 1960s era bank branch (that used to be a lingerie store LOL) is... on the corner? Or will that be in the back (where I don't see that much room to build)? Will the new 3000 sf of retail front on West End?

Richard, do you know how much Amerimar plans to invest in this property, including the garage? Is the garage going to go up where that 1960s era bank branch (that used to be a lingerie store LOL) is... on the corner? Or will that be in the back (where I don't see that much room to build)? Will the new 3000 sf of retail front on West End?

Here is a new rendering of this project that is ion the Tennessean this morning and an article that sheds more light. A 50 million dollar project and Earl Sweenson is the architect. Rates will be up to 239 and night.

Sorry Neptune, only 3000 sq ft of retail here.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../801140334/1003

1808WestEnd.jpg

Kind of bland, but I'm glad to see that they will keep the main part of the structure. So what is currently on that side where they have the canopy in the rendering? Does this company own the property where that bank branch was (at the corner)? Is the new parking structure pictured in the rendering ... behind the building?

Archived