1808 West End being converted to a hotel

smeagolsfree

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a cool project. I'll miss the style of the building as it is today but I think the hotel is a much better use of the property overall. I am surprised that he's getting 250 rooms in that building though. I don't recall the articles mentioning meeting spaces or a restaurant (although I must confess I only took the link on order to see the renderings).

If done well (with quality furnishings and finishes) this could be a real money-maker. A boutique hotel is always fun, if it doesn't work then someone else will buy and slap a franchise on it. Nashville wins either way.

I think a lot will depend on how the economy does over the next 6 months. That is going to be the key question. If things really go south, then it will hurt everything everywhere. If Nashville is able to weather the storm as some say then there may be a delay instead of projects not happening at all.

• 5 weeks later...

A little more info on the parking garage for this project. The building permit for the garage has been issued for a 5 story garage. I only wish they could have worked a bit of mixed use into the garage lower levels and office space on top would have paid off in the long run with the occupancy rate on West End the way it is. At least its a surface lot that is going vertical for parking instead of more surface lots.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hutton is officially open:

High-end Hutton Hotel opens in West End

I had no idea it was going to be so eco-friendly..

The 248-room hotel uses bamboo furntiture and reclaimed wood furnishing as part of its eco-friendly mission. Developers say Hutton is the most green and sustainable hotel in the city. Lights are fluorescent and card readers disable guest room lighting when they leave the room.

The hotel recycles, conserves water, uses dual-flush toilets, biodegradable cleaning products and thermal insulation. It has an eco-friendly hybrid courtesy vehicle.

Archived