Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Justiceham

Murfreesboro Road Construction

8 posts in this topic

With over forty road projects going on or in planning stage, Murfreesboro is attempting to alleviate traffic according to the traffic director, Dana Richardson. Any TDOT updates or project suggestions should go in this thread. Here is a good article from the DNJ with an interview about new road construction in town and answers to questions about poorly designed roads such as Old Fort Parkway.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../801060321/1002

SR 840 acts as a second interstate for Murfreesboro. There are currently four interchanges on SR 840 and several more planned in Murfreesboro's 20 year road plan. Those announced include the reconfiguration for Hord Road interchange and Cherry Lane extension. Cherry lane will loop the north eastern part of the city from Highway 231 Siegel Soccer Complex to allow a Highway 41 junction with SR 840. Jefferson Pike will also be widened to five lanes from Smyrna to Walter Hill with modifcations to SR 840 interchange.

View of SR 840 from Old Nashville Highway Overpass

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...rent=SR-840.jpg

Rutherford Boulevard Overpass Construction

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...nt=Overpass.jpg

Thompson Lane Overpass

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/Jus...aneOverpass.jpg

The addition of the 3rd lane(s) on south Church St. have greatly improved traffic flow!

Even at 3pm on Friday afternoon, we're normally able to sail right through the intersection

with I-24 and also at Warrior Drive. This was definitely not the case before...it was gridlock

at that time of day.

Can't wait to see how the Southwest Bypass loop will improve traffic even more when completed!

The addition of the 3rd lane(s) on south Church St. have greatly improved traffic flow!

Even at 3pm on Friday afternoon, we're normally able to sail right through the intersection

with I-24 and also at Warrior Drive. This was definitely not the case before...it was gridlock

at that time of day.

Can't wait to see how the Southwest Bypass loop will improve traffic even more when completed!

Where exactly will the Southest Loop come off of Church, and where will it end up at Franklin Road (96)?

Where exactly will the Southest Loop come off of Church, and where will it end up at Franklin Road (96)?

On 96 it will be at the current intersection of Beasly Road. On Church street I have no idea. On Highway 99 it will be just before Rockvale schools. I hope it remains limited access with interchanges at each major artery. Making new intersections and driveways will be a huge disaster. I'm thinking it will be like Highway 153 in Chattanooga, limited in parts, not in others. Highway 96, 99, and 231 are experiencing major growth in retail and housing, especially 99. With Marymont Springs, Westlawn and the proposed Bible park bordering the road, I highly suspect it will not be as limited initially thought. Does anyone know what the Southwest Loop will officially be called? Joe B. Jackson Parkway?

Edited by Justiceham

My understanding is that it will connect somehow through county farm road, right near where the new Wal-Mart may be built.

If you check Google maps here you can see just how close it comes to I-24/Joe B. Jackson Parkway existing interchange -

in fact, it's already showing that the furthest leg of County Farm Road where it sticks out to a dead end and connects

with Stevens Bend Dr. is being called Joe B. Jackson Parkway (you have to zoom-in pretty close).

It doesn't look like it'll take much roadway to connect the two, giving motorists a way to skip the worst of Church St. to hop

on I-24.

Edited by Moodygirl1

Beesly Road Exit 50 is now open on SR 840. Drivers may now access either Medical Center Parkway/Manson Pike or Hwy 96 directly. The 5 lane road is exceptionally smooth and easy to navigate and contains sidewalks on both sides. When completed the road will make an entire loop around Murfreesboro similar to what Briley Parkway does for Nashville. The road will be named Veterans Parkway.