Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beukeboom

Cottages Of/On Magnolia

7 posts in this topic

My wife and I were driving around our old stomping grounds on E. Magnolia Drive (showing a friend of ours where we lived on the south side for 16 years - Talla Villa Apts.). I noticed that the housing complex called Cottages Of (or On or At) Magnolia is closed and fenced off. It's a fairly recent development (I think it was built about 5-6 years ago) and everything looks to be in great shape so I was surprised to see no one living there anymore and the property completely fenced off. Anyone know what the story behind this is? It's located on Magnolia Dr. just a block east of south Monroe.

I believe that was a Booth Property that they closed or went into foreclosure. You may remember hearing about that on the local news just after school started this past fall and many tenants/students were forced to find new living places just a week or so after moving in for the start of school.

They also closed their property on the east side of South Monroe just south of Magnolia and north of the shopping center around Putnam (?) Drive I believe.

IMHO most of Booth's constructed properties in Tally are or will become a blight on our community.

I believe that was a Booth Property that they closed or went into foreclosure. You may remember hearing about that on the local news just after school started this past fall and many tenants/students were forced to find new living places just a week or so after moving in for the start of school.

They also closed their property on the east side of South Monroe just south of Magnolia and north of the shopping center around Putnam (?) Drive I believe.

IMHO most of Booth's constructed properties in Tally are or will become a blight on our community.

A brightly colored blight since most of their construction tends to use pastel colors.

I agree. I feel these cottages would make very comfortable starter homes to single family occupants.

I agree. I feel these cottages would make very comfortable starter homes to single family occupants.

Last I heard they had be acquired by some company, I cannot provide a name at this time.