Oglethorpe Mall

ajc0890

Does anyone know what is going into the former Limited/Lane Bryant space at Oglethorpe Mall. I've heard that Abercrombie and Fitch is coming back to town. As well The Buckle and William's-Sonoma are supposed to come to town. Anything else new at either mall. I wonder if GGP will renovate Oglethorpe any time soon, considering the last renovation wrapped up 18 years ago in 1990 (except for the food court of course).

• 1 month later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so i was in Oglethorpe Mall today and there seems to be quite a lot going on right now. Limited and Lane Bryant are shuttered. I'm sure something is going into there soon. The former style setter/vacant space near american eagle is being gutted and i suppose something new is going in there. Piccadilly has removed all signage. I'm sure whether they renovated their facade or are leaving. Dollar Tree and D.E.M.O are pulling out of the mall. I believe that Dollar Tree in Chatham Plaza is becoming a super store similar to the one in Victory Drive Square. I hope that these stores aren't leaving on their own and that Oglethorpe Mall has simply found bigger and better stores to replace their leases. It seems odd limited and lane bryant pulled out of Oglethorpe and stayed in Savannah Mall.

Okay, so i was in Oglethorpe Mall today and there seems to be quite a lot going on right now. Limited and Lane Bryant are shuttered. I'm sure something is going into there soon. The former style setter/vacant space near american eagle is being gutted and i suppose something new is going in there. Piccadilly has removed all signage. I'm sure whether they renovated their facade or are leaving. Dollar Tree and D.E.M.O are pulling out of the mall. I believe that Dollar Tree in Chatham Plaza is becoming a super store similar to the one in Victory Drive Square. I hope that these stores aren't leaving on their own and that Oglethorpe Mall has simply found bigger and better stores to replace their leases. It seems odd limited and lane bryant pulled out of Oglethorpe and stayed in Savannah Mall.

i agree with sc2tx. not saying its a bad idea, but the lifestyle center would have to happen for it to work, especially on southside. that being said, where would you put a lifestyle center? theres no place to without taking out alot of previously developed and fairly prosperous land.

This is exactly what happened at the Augusta Mall during the year 2000 and again in 2003. Finally after steadily losing high end stores as well as other popular stores, they actually realized they needed a major update. After a huge face life and lifestyle center expansion in a vacant macys building, the mall is thriving again. Even the high end stores that pulled out afew years ago are returning to the mall. It seems to me that the Oglethorpe Mall would be a PRIME location for an urban style lifesyle center surrounding the mall with high rise offices and condos above the store fronts. Even trendy loft apartments would be an excelient fit for Savannah. Imagine "Oglethore Station" a potential development that could rival Atlantic Station in Atlanta. Come on Savannah, If you are going to lure high end retail back into the mall area then you will have to renovate that bulky ugly 1980's mall you have now. A dull brick building with four department stores, one on each end just will not fly today like it did 20 years ago. Drive up to the Augusta Mall and look around if you want evidence of a transformed mall.

Archived