Pyramid Harbor

memphica

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fact that Pyramid Harbor now will include a 1000 room hotel (one of the components Herenton asks for in a convention center expansion) should be reason enough for the Shelby County Commission and Memphis City Council to abandon Bass Pro and go for Pyramid Harbor. It's clear that with Bass Pro you're getting a store. With Pyramid Harbor, you're getting a new, revitalized, exciting district in downtown. Also, with the hotel near the Pyramid, it would definitely increase the chances of keeping an expanded convention center at its current location (or at least near it).

I think the fact that Pyramid Harbor now will include a 1000 room hotel (one of the components Herenton asks for in a convention center expansion) should be reason enough for the Shelby County Commission and Memphis City Council to abandon Bass Pro and go for Pyramid Harbor. It's clear that with Bass Pro you're getting a store. With Pyramid Harbor, you're getting a new, revitalized, exciting district in downtown. Also, with the hotel near the Pyramid, it would definitely increase the chances of keeping an expanded convention center at its current location (or at least near it).

From what I've read in the article, I have to wonder how stubborn some of our leaders are that they can't even get their heads out of their arses to realize that they are about to enter a bad deal with Bass Pro that, if anything, is not in the best interest of taxpayers in terms of paying owed debt, and yet they're using the same old excuses as to why they won't consider Ericson's proposal as the better alternative. Something stinks about all of this, and I'm not talking about bad fish.

What Memphis needs is Marshall Law and take back the city. But when half the residents voted to keep the most corrupt mayor in America in office then the chances of change are very slim to none. This is why I am glad I no longer live in Memphis and have to abide by the rules of that jerk called a mayor.

Geez that seems hysterically reactionary. How does MARTIAL law improve anything? If the absence of martial law makes you glad you left, well, so be it . . . Constructive criticism, the product of deliberation and reflection on the problem will lead us to the solution. Part 1 -- a very visible protest against BPS on the day the revised plan goes before the decision-makers...

I wrote my councilman concerning this situation (Jim Strickland) and his reply to me was that he is not convinced that the Bass Pro deal is the best use of the area. Write your councilman and let them know that you, as a citizen of Memphis, are not pleased with this deal.

If you are not a Memphian, then you have no voice and shouldn't complain.

Geez that seems hysterically reactionary. How does MARTIAL law improve anything? If the absence of martial law makes you glad you left, well, so be it . . . Constructive criticism, the product of deliberation and reflection on the problem will lead us to the solution. Part 1 -- a very visible protest against BPS on the day the revised plan goes before the decision-makers...

On the face of it the willingness to not take title until the development is done and they have paid of the debt on the building seems like a pretty darn good offer. I wonder what legitament concerns the city might have about the deal? Do city and county leaders fear Ericson would start the project, claim promised investment capital failed to materialize, and then try to hook the city for the investment capital to complete the project and/or delay paying down the debt?

On the face of it the willingness to not take title until the development is done and they have paid of the debt on the building seems like a pretty darn good offer. I wonder what legitament concerns the city might have about the deal? Do city and county leaders fear Ericson would start the project, claim promised investment capital failed to materialize, and then try to hook the city for the investment capital to complete the project and/or delay paying down the debt?

Clobber, I know your not saying that anyone in Memphis politics would accept a bribe. LOL Bass Pro Shop has kept Buffalo on a string longer than memphis. I don't understand them. I think that they just like to see how much they can get out of a city. They act like Pro Sports Teams.

Archived