UM Commencement not in Ann Arbor

wolverine

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's going to want to graduate at Eastern's stadium?? I'd rather be limited to 2-3 guests and be in the Crisler.

Eh, the all-university ceremony is pretty much a joke anyway. When I graduated, everyone was either falling asleep, or eating lunch, or chatting on their cell phone.

Who's going to want to graduate at Eastern's stadium?? I'd rather be limited to 2-3 guests and be in the Crisler.

Eh, the all-university ceremony is pretty much a joke anyway. When I graduated, everyone was either falling asleep, or eating lunch, or chatting on their cell phone.

Most colleges within the university hold their own ceremony. So, you have two commencement ceremonies. The people who lose out are students in LSA because they don't have a separate ceremony. When I graduated architecture last year, we had ours in Hill as well. That's the more formal experience where you actually walk up on stage. I think people will likely skip the university-wide event.

Most colleges within the university hold their own ceremony. So, you have two commencement ceremonies. The people who lose out are students in LSA because they don't have a separate ceremony. When I graduated architecture last year, we had ours in Hill as well. That's the more formal experience where you actually walk up on stage. I think people will likely skip the university-wide event.

My housemates who graduate this year are pretty upset about this. ...the 'old' Michigan stadium which is undergoing demolition and construction right now.

...Because of construction and the disruption of utilities, Michigan Stadium will not be available for the 2008 Spring Commencement ceremony. ...After exploring all other options, the planning committee has decided to hold the all-University ceremony nearby at Rynearson Stadium at Eastern Michigan University. ...

The stadium is "undergoing demolition and construction" They are demolishing the press box and concessions while beginning construction on other parts of the stadium. Demolition, however, is the primary reason why the public is not permitted in the stadium as to opposed to previous years when construction work was present during the ceremonies.

Yeah, during my graduation ceremony the eastern half of the stadium was ripping up to replace the bleacher seats... Since it was just a small renovation, they were able to just put construction tape around the area and post a few guards to keep people out... This is a little more extensive.

Is the press box supposed to be finished by this season??

Archived