2008 Candidates visiting this week

Yankee Fan

By moving the primary up, Michigan leaders hoped to draw attention to Michigan issues. It looks like the eyes of the national media will be on us for the next few days.

If anyone needs any extra reading, here are a few links.

One of the FOX News bloggers shares Mitt Romney's optimistic outlook for Michigan.

Romney predicted winning Michigan at least 3 times during the speech. Joined by Ann, he was much more buttoned down than usual wearing a sport coat and no tie and spoke mostly

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By moving the primary up, Michigan leaders hoped to draw attention to Michigan issues. It looks like the eyes of the national media will be on us for the next few days.

If anyone needs any extra reading, here are a few links.

One of the FOX News bloggers shares Mitt Romney's optimistic outlook for Michigan.

Romney predicted winning Michigan at least 3 times during the speech. Joined by Ann, he was much more buttoned down than usual wearing a sport coat and no tie and spoke mostly

GRDad- regardless of how long someone has been out of the state, if you grew up and graduated high school from somewhere, in my opinion, that is your home. If I was to move to Cali (like we want to do), 30 years from now when I have grandchildren, I would be telling them about my great home state of Michigan... (not a backer of any candidate... just think this argument of 'home state' is ridiculous compared to the rest of the issues out there)

GRDad- regardless of how long someone has been out of the state, if you grew up and graduated high school from somewhere, in my opinion, that is your home. If I was to move to Cali (like we want to do), 30 years from now when I have grandchildren, I would be telling them about my great home state of Michigan... (not a backer of any candidate... just think this argument of 'home state' is ridiculous compared to the rest of the issues out there)

It's one thing to say someplace is your "home state" (like Gerald R. Ford did), but Romney is making it sound like he's a Michigan expert and a "native". He left in 1965, 43 years ago. :huh: Think of how long 43 years is, and how Michigan has changed since then. IMO, he doesn't know squat about Michigan, other than what he has been briefed on in the last couple of months.

Maybe it's just that I don't like the guy, and there's a good chance he will win in Michigan.

But the Grand Rapids Press is endorsing him.

They especially like this quote from Romney:

I will not sleep until Michigan is strong and active and vibrant again." Because of that focus, MITT ROMNEY has our vote in the Republican presidential primary.

I didn't realize Mike Lloyd had gotten so gulli-bull. Not that any of the other Repubs are much better.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you like voting in presidential primaries? You might be in luck. There is growing discussion of Michigan holding a second contest on the Democratic side. This would likely be in the form of a caucus. The Detroit Free Press has the whole story.

The DNC is pushing hard for Michigan to hold a contest that they can recognize, the Clinton campaign is likely to resist.

In related news, the consensus among oddsmakers (you can bet on anything) is that Obama is slightly favored to get the nomination.

• 3 months later...

Pics from outside the arena. (I have a J-O-B so I couldn't be down there in time to get indoor seating.)

o-1.jpg

Upcoming Britney Spears tour?

o-2.jpg

Kevin's worn lots of suits since his promotion. What a nice person he is. (I like living in a town where I can walk up to the police chief and we continue a conversation begun at the Elves bike give-away in December.)

o-3.jpg

Mostly I shot videos, and they aren't ready.

Archived