Rumors

tm68

We've all heard rumors about inside industry happenings around town so I decided to start a rumor thread. Some information we can disclose, some we can't....but that's not to say that someone hasn't heard it nonetheless! Just don't lose a job (or someone else's in the process). Projects come across peoples' desks everyday in the Economic Development/Architect/Consulting/Real Estate/Political Fields, and many of them are confidential, but share what you can. Things change all the time (one day they're on, the next - plans have changed) but that's the nature of the beast. Here's the latest and something to get us started:

Hotels: We've all heard about the W. I can confirm that they have been looking at/gathering info on Orlando. IMO, Starwood's Vacation Ownership would be a good match with a hotel/timeshare/residence type development. I've personally spoke with someone at Mandarin Oriental, albeit awhile ago, in regards to Winter Park. And the worst kept secret is Disney's Contempory Hotel expansion which they haven't officially announced yet. I'm predicting a couple smaller-scale "boutique-type" chains or two, new to Orlando will, will announce plans this year.

Business: Word on the street is that Goldman Sachs is coming to town. Can't confirm or deny this one. The latest I've heard is Bear Stearns is looking at space as well, but who know with the shake-up that company is having. Maybe this one got started because of the Joe Lewis/Bear Stearns connection.

What else...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know what the problem is with him but he is the all time leading scorer at Duke.His defense is suspect but look at the rest of the team[defense wise]i just cant believe they cant use him from 3 point range he is a pure shooter i know he has been injured but trading him?Would this be another mistake the magic are making?

Archived