What's your Job/Career

brikkman

Dad was born and raised in Norfolk. Grandmother was a drug user, put my dad and uncle in foster care, moved around after great grandmother died. He grew up hating his mother, subsquently Norfolk (even though he claims he loves Norfolk), vowed to never moved here again. He left for college at 18, shortly after I was born, only comes back to see me....in the military, full bird reaching retirement. Mother, born and raised in Norfolk, still works and lives in Norfolk. has had the same job for longer than I've been born...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't contributed to any discussions for well over a year, but anyway:

Work/Career: Intern architect for a firm in Virginia Beach

Education: In my last semester of my thesis year in Virginia Tech's architecture program...my project involves a new library to replace kirn memorial! if it ends up being any good, maybe i'll show some of it off here for critiques. :o

Background: Navy brat. Virginia Beach/Norfolk is my adopted home, and I plan to stick around this area as long as I can.

Long term goals: Ultimately, I'd like to practice architecture in this region, hopefully introducing some new ideas and help to break the current trend of design that norfolk/virginia beach continually has inflicted on itself. Who knows how realistic that is, but hey there you go.

Archived