Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scubaboy

IHOP

25 posts in this topic

There were ups and downs back in November about a potential IHOP (formerly International House of Pancakes) coming to Tallahassee. Looking at Career Builder, it appears that we may, in fact, be getting one. There is a posting as of 1/8/08 which specifically says "We are interviewing Qualified Restaurant Manager for our restaurant locations in Tallahassee, FL!". They are apparently conducting interviews at the end of the month at a Hampton Inn on the Parkway.

There were ups and downs back in November about a potential IHOP (formerly International House of Pancakes) coming to Tallahassee. Looking at Career Builder, it appears that we may, in fact, be getting one. There is a posting as of 1/8/08 which specifically says "We are interviewing Qualified Restaurant Manager for our restaurant locations in Tallahassee, FL!". They are apparently conducting interviews at the end of the month at a Hampton Inn on the Parkway.

:cry: * Welcome to UrbanPlanet {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Tallahassee Scubaboy! :yahoo:

Thanks for joining us! We're glad to have you.

Please take a few minutes to familiarize your self with the forum. Feel free to create new threads, however, please ensure that you don't duplicate as we don't want to clutter things up. We've been discussing the pending IHOP(S) in the Tallahassee Restaurants thread if you care to see more comments on the subject.

The search box at the bottom of each screen makes navigating through the forums a breeze! Once again thanks for joining us, we hope you'll be active and post often!

*=duplicated thread.

Might as well make this into a serious topic of its own. I tried to make calls to the corporate office in Miami yesterday but they were unanswered. I think some of these people still have Holiday hang-overs.

In my mind I've been trying to think of some possible locations for this store. Do you all remember the Bhula Development we talked about a few months ago located along Apalachee Parkway? Could this be a possible site for a store?

Possible Capital Circle NW location??? Killearn / Bradfordville???

I think the old Bennagins would make a fine location, or somewhere along Appalachee. My bet though, is that it will be somewhere close to FSU.

I think the old Bennagins would make a fine location, or somewhere along Appalachee. My bet though, is that it will be somewhere close to FSU.

If it's near FSU, I hope it's not on Tennessee Street, unless it's where Back Yard used to be. I think it's easy enough to get in there and parking seems fair.

Other near-FSU locations I'd like to see would be Pensacola Street, perhaps the Corner of Pensacola and Ocala where there's a massive parking area that no one uses for that University Village Shopping Center or the BEST SPOT where the old BP Station used to be that we've long rumored will be a Starbucks (Corner of Lake Bradford and Stadium).

The Corner of Lake Bradford and Stadium would be my favorite spot. Uspecially if they include and outdoor eating area like some of the IHOPS along the beaches and One down town in a City that I cant remember the name of atm.

You know, I suspect it'll be near FSU, but I don't think it'll be quite that tucked in. I think the Tennessee Street guesses are a little more likely, because a lot of IHOP's business comes from late night drinkers. Remember, they have to be able to still get customers when FSU is on break.

Actually thats another reason why I choose that spot was because there are a lot of late night clubs near-by that would bring IHOP late night Biz. Such as Beta-Bar, WareHouse, Clyde's and Costello's, Paradigm, Tattoo Shops on Gaines, New Radisson Hotel, New condos, (that are a comfortable walking distance) Downtown lunch hour..........

IHOP has pretty good food, but it is a little high priced. I would think that they would put it around a I-10 exit. That would get more traffic. IMO.

IHOP has pretty good food, but it is a little high priced. I would think that they would put it around a I-10 exit. That would get more traffic. IMO.

I was even thinking that might put it out at 209. Since that area is going to be growing here in the next few months. Just a thought. But the better place to me would Thomasville Rd. exit.

dude, you guys have NO clue how excited i am to hear this. Me and my girl kept saying if we ever had some money, we'd invest in putting an Ihop in Tallahasse. I hope it will be 24 hours like back at home. The democrat states that there will be TWO in the area by the end of summer. The first will be on N. Monroe street around April. And the other will be on Appalachee towards June or something.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...ID=200880219033

dude, you guys have NO clue how excited i am to hear this. Me and my girl kept saying if we ever had some money, we'd invest in putting an Ihop in Tallahasse. I hope it will be 24 hours like back at home. The democrat states that there will be TWO in the area by the end of summer. The first will be on N. Monroe street around April. And the other will be on Appalachee towards June or something.

Dammit, I move and 6 months later an IHOP comes to my neighborhood.

As if there aren't a zillion better restaurants for breakfast in Rochester! :lol:

I trade you an IHOP for Charlies Frog Pond.

Today I drove by EL IHOP on North Monroe and there still doesn't seem to be much activity occurring here. Maybe I just go by it at the wrong times? I did see one lone pick-up truck in front of the place, but that was it.

They still have the contract pending real estate sign in front of the place, but that might not be a good clue b/c it seems the real estate folks in this town love to leave their signs up for ages after a sale.

It has been told to "Our Sister Site" that this will be the first of our two locations to open in late April. Based on what I saw today, I just don't see how that is possible. However if it does, it will definitely have the outward appearance of an EL IHOP. :)

Today I drove by EL IHOP on North Monroe and there still doesn't seem to be much activity occurring here. Maybe I just go by it at the wrong times? I did see one lone pick-up truck in front of the place, but that was it.

They still have the contract pending real estate sign in front of the place, but that might not be a good clue b/c it seems the real estate folks in this town love to leave their signs up for ages after a sale.

It has been told to "Our Sister Site" that this will be the first of our two locations to open in late April. Based on what I saw today, I just don't see how that is possible. However if it does, it will definitely have the outward appearance of an EL IHOP. :)

Thanks for the drive by update poon!..... your getting better and better at your updates.. Now if we could only convince you to invest in a camera phone or for you to snap some photos we would have you trained!

Thanks for the compliment TD, but you know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks don't you?