The Ashford

skirby

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issue isn't whether they plan long term--that's a given. The issue is whether those long term forecasts and plans are accurate. Did the planning, for example, take into account that there would be a recession to begin with? Would development projects of this scope ever be actuated and set in progress if a housing market bust like the current one was "predicted" beforehand? I doubt it.

Many experts say that a rumors of a recession are greatly exagerated. If you study the 6-7 technical markers, none point toward such and in fact several are even trending in the opposite direction. If a recession does in fact occur, we can blame the media's continual propogation of "recession" as much as we can the housing or marginal/high-risk lending markets.

Without getting too far off topic, I think the media and liberal elites desperately want a recession because it would greatly effect the outcome of the election in November. Even if the economy isn't that bad, if the public thinks it is they will vote like it is.

Not to be a Debby Downer, but http://www.economist.com/finance/displayst...ory_id=10498907 .

And I can't imagine 'liberal elite' or the media DESPERATELY WANT a recession, since it has the same effect on them as everyone else. Plus, the liberal candidate(s) are already projected to win the race, so why would they want change in the political climate?

So, these are the most expensive condos in Little Rock?

Also, not that im trying to get off topic, but do you think there is enough support from the city for condos to be included in the Park Ave project?

Main Street is dead. And it will stay dead until we do something about it. Restaurants, Nightlife. This can be stretched from the river market to Main Street. But where is the advertisement? Why not advertise the "nightlife" There are people i talk to that don

It will ensure a stronger Democratic win. Traditionally the American people have turned to Democratic leadership during tough economic times. In 1992 the economy was actually in recovery from a recession that ended in 1991, but you wouldn't have known it listening to the media. Keeping recession in the headlines will assure that the economy becomes the main issue of this election, trumping Republican issues like gay marriage which can turn a close election in their favor.

So, these are the most expensive condos in Little Rock?

As a person under 21, there is no place for me to eat downtown at night anymore due to the smoking laws now. I love to go down there with friends and just walk around. Its very nice in the spring and summer. But they need to offer a variety.

Anyways, The Ashford looks very nice. WAY EXPENSIVE!!! But nice.

Archived