Catalyst Webcam

GreenSky2980

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome. We get to see Catalyst, TWELVE, Wachovia, the 3rd Ward Park, 300 S Tryon and new Video Screens being installed at BofA stadium all in one view. Now we can see just how fast Novare is going. Can this be added to the list of Charlotte Webcams?

That is a really cool view of Trademark in the January 11th pictures.

I really like that this angle looks over the park, so we will be able to watch its progress as well. Should be interesting to actually see what goes into building a park in an urban environment. It's too bad that we won't get a better view of the Wachovia project until the condo tower starts to reach ground level. We should hopefully get to watch a little bit of the progress on Novare's 440 office tower as well; at least its progress in height.

Question though, will this angle actually give a good view of 300 South Tryon or will it basically be cut in half? I can't remember the placement exactly in relation to what the camera shows of that property.

d

That is a really cool view of Trademark in the January 11th pictures.

I really like that this angle looks over the park, so we will be able to watch its progress as well. Should be interesting to actually see what goes into building a park in an urban environment. It's too bad that we won't get a better view of the Wachovia project until the condo tower starts to reach ground level. We should hopefully get to watch a little bit of the progress on Novare's 440 office tower as well; at least its progress in height.

Question though, will this angle actually give a good view of 300 South Tryon or will it basically be cut in half? I can't remember the placement exactly in relation to what the camera shows of that property.

Ah yes! It is finally up!!! This is a superview to watch the construction progress because this pretty much shows all of 3rd ward and will show the construction of all of the other projects also! Props to Novare. Smart putting it on Avenue, also, saves them some real estate renting. They are fortunate to have that break in buildings to see much of 3rd Ward.

• 1 month later...

Catalyst is beginning to have an impact on the skyline. You can see it looming up from the 2nd story window of the Dogwood Cafe in Brevard Court. (From that angle I thought it was the new Wach building, at first.) I suspect pretty soon it will be visible from the ground inside Brevard Court.

Archived