Main Street, Downtown Little Rock.

LRguy21

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing from very solid sources that the Alleys of VCC fame have terminated their agreement to purchase Reed's property on Main Street.  One would expect the banks and lien holders to move towards foreclosure at this point.  But it's uncertain what will happen now.  

21 hours ago, LRretail said:

I'm hearing from very solid sources that the Alleys of VCC fame have terminated their agreement to purchase Reed's property on Main Street.  One would expect the banks and lien holders to move towards foreclosure at this point.  But it's uncertain what will happen now.  

Sad.  I noticed last night that the Aloft sign has been removed.  Aloft has tried TWICE to locate in downtown Little Rock...what a travesty.

23 hours ago, LRretail said:

If the goes into foreclosure wouldn't someone be able to purchase the property at a much lower price, like the amount owed on the property?  

On 10/5/2016 at 10:09 AM, Arkanzin said:

If the goes into foreclosure wouldn't someone be able to purchase the property at a much lower price, like the amount owed on the property?  

As I understand it, the Alleys offer to purchase the property was below what is currently owed on the property in liens, taxes, and loans.  There are also multiple parties that have lined up one after another to collect on the sale of the property.  But since there's no longer a sale, the foreclosure process is likely to get very ugly and the water will probably be very muddy for a long time.  

I believe the ALOFT signs were taken down for the Food Truck Festival.  There's now a mural up done by the Downtown Little Rock Partnership.  The owners of the Boyle Building are supposed to be making an announcement soon from what I am being told.

5 hours ago, LRretail said:

As I understand it, the Alleys offer to purchase the property was below what is currently owed on the property in liens, taxes, and loans.  There are also multiple parties that have lined up one after another to collect on the sale of the property.  But since there's no longer a sale, the foreclosure process is likely to get very ugly and the water will probably be very muddy for a long time.  

I believe the ALOFT signs were taken down for the Food Truck Festival.  There's now a mural up done by the Downtown Little Rock Partnership.  The owners of the Boyle Building are supposed to be making an announcement soon from what I am being told.

A good (promising) announcement, or unknown?

7 hours ago, Architect said:

A good (promising) announcement, or unknown?

I do not know.  It sounded like to me that plans to re-develop the Boyle Building were coming to a head.  I know that closure to Reed's problems on Main Street have been sought for a very long time.  With construction on the nearby Hilton Garden in full swing, it may be do or die time for this part of Main Street.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2016 at 4:53 PM, Architect said:

Ummmm....underwhelming sign, and placed TOO low.

Never did understand why they placed the sign where they did. When it was announced I thought it was to be located at 5th and Main instead of 6th and Main. Where it is located about the only time a number or people will be around to view it is when something is going on at The Rep.

37 minutes ago, skirby said:

Never did understand why they placed the sign where they did. When it was announced I thought it was to be located at 5th and Main instead of 6th and Main. Where it is located about the only time a number or people will be around to view it is when something is going on at The Rep.

I know this is a gross generalization, but this is just endemic of the typical Arkansas approach of poorly executing an otherwise good idea.  If we can find a way to do it for half the cost and complexity - and impact of course - it's "good enough".

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2016 at 3:41 PM, skirby said:

The sign has been installed.

bFAr8q.jpg

The Tech Park has announced a list of the first group of tenants  to sign leases. The opening date is scheduled for March 1st 2017 and around 50 people will be working there on opening day. It is a good chance this number will increase because there are other groups talking about leasing space in the project. Since Phase 2 will be located on the next block and the vacant lot/parking lot next door is listed as a Phase 4 development I would like to see the lot turned into a park until development. I'm sure the Tech Park, KATV and state workers from 421 Main would enjoy it.

uT1QYK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will try and get down there in the spring as all I have done in the past is just pass through without stopping. I love to get out and explore and have done so in about 30 midsize and large cities in the past few years. 

I hope things are picking up there. 

If anyone gets up to Nashville, we may be able to get together and I can give a tour. It's crazy here right now with construction on every corner, but we do get together the first Saturday of the month for forum meets. So if anyone wants to time a visit then,just let us know.

Looking forward to getting down there and visiting next year.

29 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think I will try and get down there in the spring as all I have done in the past is just pass through without stopping. I love to get out and explore and have done so in about 30 midsize and large cities in the past few years. 

I hope things are picking up there. 

If anyone gets up to Nashville, we may be able to get together and I can give a tour. It's crazy here right now with construction on every corner, but we do get together the first Saturday of the month for forum meets. So if anyone wants to time a visit then,just let us know.

Looking forward to getting down there and visiting next year.

Cool idea for hosting get-togethers for forum members!  I've thought about suggesting that here.  Let us know when you pass through, and what you think about our modest city.  I browsed the Nashville forums the other day...a tremendous amount of work going on there.  There was a time 35 years ago that LR and Nashville were essentially the same size.  But Nashville has definitely crossed over to another league the past 20+ years!  

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Architect said:

Cool idea for hosting get-togethers for forum members!  I've thought about suggesting that here.  Let us know when you pass through, and what you think about our modest city.  I browsed the Nashville forums the other day...a tremendous amount of work going on there.  There was a time 35 years ago that LR and Nashville were essentially the same size.  But Nashville has definitely crossed over to another league the past 20+ years!  

As far as getting together for meets, just try one every now and then to see how attendance is and get the thought form everyone. The one thing that has made our forum run smoother is the fact that many of our people have met face to face and know the curious idiosyncrasies that each one has. We just started out with a small group of 4 or 5 and have had as many as 30. That is when we have a special guest. The most we have had without one is about 20.

If you decide to do this, be consistent with where and when you meet. Even if there are only 3 people just keep on plugging away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 9:53 AM, skirby said:

The ADG today has a photo showing the installation of a larger sign at the corner of 5th and Main. Now there will be one on both ends of the block.

• 2 weeks later...

Ira's Park Hill Grill has announced they have sold their building on JFK in North Little Rock and will be relocating to 307 Main St. in Little Rock. This is across Main from Bruno's in the Rose building, This will be the 4th restaurant to be located in the 300 block of Main. Look for a spring opening (?) and it will be known as Ira's. The owner says the reason for the move had to do with 70% of his customers were from LR. The restaurant will include outdoor seating which will make this block of Main even better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived