Main Street, Downtown Little Rock.

On 10/18/2017 at 11:10 PM, Architect said:

The Architectural RFQ for Phase II of the Tech Park has been released...

The original  plans called for Phase ll to be located on the 300 block of Main adjacent to 4th. The new plans call for it to be located between the KATV building and the Tech Park building on the  400 block of Main. It will contain office  and wet lab space of 100,000 sq ft requiring a building of 6 floors. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skirby said:

Capitol Plaza, located at Main and Capitol, is getting a rehab. So far the old pavers have been removed, which was long needed. I  haven't seen anything on what will be the final outcome.

This "lot" (or portion of the block, at the NW corner of Main and Capitol) is slated for a future phase of the Tech Park, tentatively for a new, 8 story office/lab building.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Permits have been issued for the completion of the Main Street Lofts. The contractor says that work should be completed within a few months for the 34 units. This will bring the total of 110+ apartments on the 300/600 blocks of Main. If the planned Donaghey Building redevelopment is completed then another 150+ units will occupy the 700 block of Main.

Main Street Lofts building from a few years ago before the ground floor was occupied.

4exk.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a new entrance is being constructed on the 500 block of Main. The left half of the section is boarded up  and set back.

VbB3B6.jpg

Also, the west side of Main in the 600 block is closed due to construction on the streets cape.

7yBcvA.jpg

Down on the 300 block work continues on the Rose Building for 2 restaurants and 11 apartments.

oTWztm.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2018 at 4:20 PM, skirby said:

New Life Church Downtown Little Rock opens tomorrow at 610 Main. Picture from NLC Facebook page.

Nqaxun.jpg

That's a very cool building (right across from Three Fold), and a really neat use for the ground level (though really only on Sundays though, ha!).

On 3/26/2018 at 8:10 AM, Architect said:

That's a very cool building (right across from Three Fold), and a really neat use for the ground level (though really only on Sundays though, ha!).

The church will be putting people on the street Sunday mornings when otherwise they wouldn't be there. With two services it might provide incentive for someone to open a coffee/cafe establishment which would provide breakfast/brunch for those attending as well as something for office workers during the week and later options  for those attending the REP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skirby said:

The church will be putting people on the street Sunday mornings when otherwise they wouldn't be there. With two services it might provide incentive for someone to open a coffee/cafe establishment which would provide breakfast/brunch for those attending as well as something for office workers during the week and later options  for those attending the REP.

The church has free coffee at its GLR location at the Maumelle exit.  It also has an in-house coffee bar for purchase of mochas, lattes, muffins, etc.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
The Repertory Theatre on Main Street will be suspending operations due to financial reasons...  Read about it here
http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/apr/24/arkansas-repertory-theatre-suspends-operations-cit/

This is disappointing. But when you consider all of the changing marketplace dynamics, it’s not surprising. The new Robinson/Broadway Series is just killing it. That being said, the product offered by the Rep is completely different, and you’d think there’d be a strong, local level of support for that, if they can rekindle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy the "changing entertainment environment" spiel! The primary reason for the Rep's woes is the terrible selection of shows. As a former subscriber, I have found that the last few years' offerings have been awful. If the Rep centered its focus on reaching the demographic of LIT, they would do shows that appeal to those who live here. This is NOT New York City, Chicago, or San Francisco.

(Just my two cents!)

17 hours ago, jnholmes said:

I don't buy the "changing entertainment environment" spiel! The primary reason for the Rep's woes is the terrible selection of shows. As a former subscriber, I have found that the last few years' offerings have been awful. If the Rep centered its focus on reaching the demographic of LIT, they would do shows that appeal to those who live here. This is NOT New York City, Chicago, or San Francisco.

(Just my two cents!)

Disclaimer:  I'm not in any way associated with The Rep, but what would you like to see?  What would center The Rep's focus on reaching the demographic of LIT?  I've heard this from others but I'm curious as to what is the "demographic of LIT"?

Thanks!

The 600 block is now open to traffic.

G0wkNV.jpg

scXBp9.jpg

Now work has started on the 700 block.

NVaxce.jpg

The M.M. Cohn building has a new tenant. Cranford Co. has moved from the corner of 6th and Main north to the middle of the block.

tmQYMF.jpg

Work continues on the Rose Building with Ira's scheduled to open this month.

6e5NO0.jpg

Edited by skirby

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few updates on Main:

Looks like the Rep will start up again next year.

Ira's is open and now is  serving lunch.

Work continues next door to Ira's on AW Lin's. Also, above these two it  looks like the interior framing is completed for the apartments to be located there.

A new establishment has been announced for the space between Bruno's and Soul Fish. Donuts & Deli will be opening soon in the old Bruno's Deli location.

• 1 month later...