Main Street, Downtown Little Rock.

4 hours ago, LRretail said:

There is talk about Reed's properties on Main Street changing hands to a new buyer who intends on finishing the block and getting the projects completed.  Let's hope for the best.

That would be great news.  I wish Moses-Tucker would get involved.

19 hours ago, LRretail said:

There is talk about Reed's properties on Main Street changing hands to a new buyer who intends on finishing the block and getting the projects completed.  Let's hope for the best.

Maybe that will kickstart the Aloft project also? Downtown projects are moving at a snails pace, I don't think there is a single crane anywhere downtown at the moment while Tulsa, OKC and many other comparable sized cities have been seeing construction booms. 

Might take a little bit of time but you might see these properties tie into the Aloft somehow.  This has been a long time coming and I hope it leads to Reed completely exiting the market so the black eye can be taken off Main Street and these projects can be progressed forward.

21 hours ago, Heartland25 said:

Maybe that will kickstart the Aloft project also? Downtown projects are moving at a snails pace, I don't think there is a single crane anywhere downtown at the moment while Tulsa, OKC and many other comparable sized cities have been seeing construction booms. 

I was in OKC a few weeks ago, and discovered a new 27 story high-rise office building is being built just west of the Devon Tower.  It will house BOK's OKC operations.  Pretty impressive that ANY new "office" towers of that scale are being built in today's U.S. mid-sized markets, and OKC has built TWO in the last five years.

• 4 weeks later...

Orbea USA the Spanish bicycle maker will be leaving its location at 2nd and Main for Argenta. It will combine the sales and warehouse  operations into a location a couple blocks west of Dickie-Stephens Park. I think the location on Main would make an excellent spot for a brewery.

17 hours ago, skirby said:

Orbea USA the Spanish bicycle maker will be leaving its location at 2nd and Main for Argenta. It will combine the sales and warehouse  operations into a location a couple blocks west of Dickie-Stephens Park. 

I've wondered why they didn't have a combined location to begin with.  Orbea bikes are great but they sure are expensive!  I could never see why they needed a separate retail location in Little Rock.  Glad they are here!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On April 7, 2016 at 3:55 PM, LRretail said:

An article in Sunday's Arkansas Democrat Gazette said the owner of VCC Conttruction is the one interested in purchasing Reed's properties in the 500 block of Main St. Due dilegence is still being done and a final decision should be made in 90 - 120 days.

9 hours ago, theman said:

An article in Sunday's Arkansas Democrat Gazette said the owner of VCC Conttruction is the one interested in purchasing Reed's properties in the 500 block of Main St. Due dilegence is still being done and a final decision should be made in 90 - 120 days.

I saw that...interesting to note that both on this site and in that article, it mentioned the original intent of the Chi family to buy the Cohn building to jumpstart their own Aloft project, which was contingent upon the neighboring building (Cohn) to be developed.  I hope Gus Vratsinas' involvement is actually a better scenario for seeing the Aloft developed.

6 hours ago, Architect said:

I saw that...interesting to note that both on this site and in that article, it mentioned the original intent of the Chi family to buy the Cohn building to jumpstart their own Aloft project, which was contingent upon the neighboring building (Cohn) to be developed.  I hope Gus Vratsinas' involvement is actually a better scenario for seeing the Aloft developed.

Gus is no longer VCC. It is the Alley family 

I really hope this deal goes through.  The Alleys bring a lot of good credentials to the block.  But I doubt that the deal will close after hearing the particulars.  All I hear is more of Reed telling lies about the reality of the projects' shortcomings and what it will actually cost someone to fix all the mess.  Yet Reed keeps asking for top dollar for a property he's never put any of his own money into...then blames tax credits drying up.  If you talk with anyone who is close to these projects they will tell you that Reed is the reason the tax credits dried up.  Just at a loss for words on how messed up all of this is.  The Chis obviously will not move forward until the rest of the block gets some closure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, skirby said:

Bruno's Deli is now open as well as the Soul Fish Cafe. I ate there last night and they have really done a nice job with the  space.

Having Bruno's Deli during the day is quite handy, too. The Insalata Miscolanza, with cured meats and (Asiago?) cheese makes for a very satisfying lunch, even in the smaller size.

• 2 weeks later...